1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

It's Not Enough, Yet. Win Game 5.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SeeingRocketRed, May 11, 2009.

1. SeeingRocketRed

The Rockets came out in Game 4, and shocked the Lakers. But now, it's time to do more. It's time to shock the world. Win Game 5 in LA, and give the Rockets the opportunity to come back here to the rocking confines of Toyota Center to close em out!

You can do it. Clutch City still lives and breathes.

Keys to Winning Game 5:
    1. Few turnovers.
    2. Aaron Brooks and Kyle Lowry getting buckets at the rim and creating open 3s for others.
    3. Scola, Landry, and Artest picking up their game a bit. I know it's tough on these guys having to defend larger players, but we'll probably need a bit more scoring punch from them in Game 5.
    4. We have to believe.

Do it.

2. ncagg42

ncagg42 Member

In order to win game 5, the rockets will have to play the best game of their season, because the lakers are going to bring it. Every player must score a little over their average, and our defense needs to contain the scoring of the lakers. We will not win a shootout against LA.

3. monte

monte Member

I do not care the result as long as the team keeps competing like they've been doing all year long.

The rockets have done enough for us fans this year.

4. ncagg42

ncagg42 Member

yeah, but at the same time they need to make up for all the disappointments from the past :D

5. Gimmmethemike

Gimmmethemike Member

Not with that mindset... The Rockets will win game 5 and shock the world again!

6. cwebbster

cwebbster Contributing Member

I have faith in my boys! Come on guys, make us proud!!!

7. ReD_1

ReD_1 Rookie

let's make the biggest upset since warriors rolled over the mavs!

8. mw_mw

mw_mw Member

Warriors beat the Jazzholes with like 7 ppl on the road...
    WE CAN DO THIS :D

9. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

We would have sweep them already had we not made too many turnovers. So got to take care of the ball. Play D and shoot well. Those will win games. And also rebounding.

10. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

turnovers are the key. We limit the # of turnovers we have, we have a great shot at winning the game.

The biggest problems we had in games 2 and 3 were the turnovers. In the early stages of the 4th qtr in game two and the 2nd quarter of game 3 the lakers did everything they could to give up the lead we just didnt capitalize because we kept making several unforced turnovers.

keep the turnovers around 10-13 instead of 20 and we should be in this game.

(factoring that we keep playing the same type of defense and effort on the boards we have seen so far in the playofs)

11. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

I am immensely proud of Houston for getting this far. Game 5 is attainable. I don't think it will be easy to win. My head tells me it won't be likely, either.

But it's 100% possible. And believe me, if we pull out this series after all we've gone through, I'm building shrines to this team in every room in my house. That is all.

12. Al Capone

Al Capone Member

The Rockets will read this thread and win.

13. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

What we need:

- Aaron Brooks to repeat his game 4 performance.
    - Shane Battier to repeat his game 4 performance.
    - Chuck Hayes to be a scoring threat.
    - Landry to repeat his game 2 performance.
    - Ron Artest to repeat his game 1/2 performance.
    - Luis Scola to get out of his "slump".

Basically, everyone has to play their best game. Can it happen? Yeah. Will it happen? ... We'll see.

14. Lady_Di

Lady_Di Contributing Member

Ditto! Some blood won't hurt either... ;)

15. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

They have nothing to lose, and everything to gain. They have our respect, and the respect of the rest of the league is following quickly.

There's no reason to think they can't do it again and even win this series. Do they owe it to anyone? No. But they can do it, and I'm sure they want to prove that.

16. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

I believe they can still win this series.

Is it going to be easy?

No.

Is it still possible.

Yes.

17. Precision340

Precision340 Member

we need to limit our turnovers, rebound and make open shots... defensively we cannot give them a lot of open 3s.. keep gasol/faker bench under control.. make kobe work his ass off for all of his points.. and lastly, have fun!!

18. Landlord Landry

Wow, I want to give a TON of credit to my Rockets, they deserve 100% of the credit for that win....and the next few wins, but I gotta say....Los Angeles is freaking SOFT! I thought they were a lot tougher than what they have shown.

Ariza is being abused by Scola
    Fisher can't contain Brooks to save his life
    Artest.....enough said.
    and Bynum...what a terd.

Battier is giving Kobe everything he's got.....

but man, for some reason I thought LA was a tough physical team. They look like a bunch of wet noodles.

Go Rockets!

19. Asian Sensation

According to the law of averages Artest should go off for like 35+ points on something like 14-19 shooting. This is EXACTLY what we need from him (lots of points on efficient scoring) in order to pull out the victory in Staples. Game 5 IS the series. Shock the world baby!

GO ROCKETS!!!!!!

20. tslee98

tslee98 Contributing Member

Has everyone forgotten Game 2 already? The Lakers came out with a vengeance and put the Rockets down early. But then the second unit came in and rallied the Rockets and secured the lead before a prayer by Bryant tied up the game at halftime. The team we will put on the court to start Game 5 has a great shot of stifling the Lakers from the outset. I don't see us taking a punch. I think we're going to be delivering the punishment.