1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Its easier to play under pressure when the media isnt busting your ass and everybody hates you

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketsTruth, May 10, 2017.

1. RocketsTruth

RocketsTruth Member

for NOTHING

not everybody can be cam newton, jameis winston( 27 game winning streak in college) and LEBRON. I dont think its easy for Harden to play under pressure, Number 1 because unlike steph and klay thompson he doesnt have that nba dad in his life, this is why i respect the hell out of LeBron. If the rockets lose i wont watch the finals or the rest of the playoffs but i will hope Lebron pulls through and goes back to back

I mean the only sports analyst thats coming to Hardens defense is friggin stephen a smith.. but thats expected, Harden doesnt have one defender in the media, and thats one of the reasons he will never win mvp.

What did Harden do that makes people hate him so much, i mean he does kinda play the game like a european player in some aspects, but manu never got this much hate. I dont watch much soccer, do soccer players get hate like this from this media and sports fans.

Even in Houston, Harden set a record for points scored and assisted, and espn has never even brought it up once.. NOT ONCE.

What did Harden do wrong and how can he get the media on his side again, if it was ever there in the first place

Lawlruschang, Ramo$e and BigShasta like this.
  2. RocketsTruth

RocketsTruth Member

Part me is wish we trade Harden for D'angelo Russell and the lakers number 1 overall pick( if they get it) and draft markelle fultz. so we can have our own splash bros( and the media will like us) . Harden will liked again on the lakers hopefully

3. Reeko

Reeko Member

the foul hunting and defense are the 2 main things that have turned the media off of Harden, they don't really mind the turnovers

Clutchfans is the place that really started the lack of defense narrative against him with that video

I don't even think that the media was that hard on him for last night's performance. Many have said that he was just exhausted, but some have also acknowledged that he has a pattern of having these meltdown games.

BigShasta likes this.
  4. Reeko

Reeko Member

So u want us to be an irrelevant lottery team just so the media can like us? o_O

5. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Definition of knee jerk lol

Ramo$e likes this.
  6. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

James Harden doesn't care about that stuff. At least not anymore. And if does care then he's not thinking about it during a game. Rockets fans need to stop this woe is me movement. Almost every superstar has gone through this before they've won a championship.

Lawlruschang likes this.
  7. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

This thread is hot garbage

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  8. bigred77

bigred77 Member

It has nothing to do with Harden.

Houston is not on the east coast. Houston is not on the west coast. Houston is not a media hub. Houston franchises do not bow down and kiss the ring of the media. Houston does not have a star with a unique narrative that can be exploited. Houston franchises do not get the benefit of the doubt.

Houston franchises and stars have to accomplish things so blatantly outstanding that they take away all alternatives to giving them praise. That's how it's always been. That's how it will always be.

Lawlruschang and Ramo$e like this.
  9. bigred77

bigred77 Member

Also, RocketsTruth = Magic Johnson confirmed. Do you think we should also throw in Capella and take back Deng's or Mozgov's albatross contracts so we can make the salaries work?

10. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

media conspiracy. it's always media conspiracy.

Ramo$e and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  11. RocketsTruth

RocketsTruth Member

and another thing i forgot to add, why does espn/ sports media and fans get so upset when harden does something wrong, this is guy they said last year wasnt a top 10 player. They constantly call him overrated, but when he torches the number 1 defense in the spurs they have to find some kind of solace in the fact to make him look bad. " Yea he had 30 but againist kawhi he went 1-5)." ITS ALWAYS CRYING FROM THEM. Just give the man his props, its like harden can have 50 thru 3 quarters, but if he misses the game winner, its like see I GOTCHA... dats y westbrook mvpee

Ramo$e likes this.
  12. lionaire

lionaire Member

Man mods need to do something about these **** threads, seriously.

FTW Rockets FTW and Reeko like this.
  13. RocketsTruth

RocketsTruth Member

you dont see a problem with how the media is treating the most wealthy/powerful athlete in houston

yea they went after curry for his finals choke but after 1 week.. IT WAS OVA and on to the draft

14. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Game 5 was so distressing for me, for the first time in a long time, I didn't consume any sports media.