1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

"It's about having the appearance of someone with success"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Furious Jam, Sep 25, 2017.

1. Furious Jam

Furious Jam Contributing Member

For all of those who are down after losing out on Carmelo Anthony, I encourage you to read the following ESPN feature story on him from 2014:

http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/st...-carmelo-anthony-wants-bulletproof-reputation

The article paints a clear picture of someone who couldn't care less about basketball. It's a long read, but as you go through it your post-Melo blues will be completely washed away. It's a portrait of a 30 year old man being paid 8 figures a year to play basketball yet it's still not his priority. I would rather have Ty Lawson half-drunk and playing for us in an ankle monitor than have Carmelo Anthony represent my city.

theimpossibles1, Easy and Jontro like this.
  2. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Interesting read

3. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

He better be careful he doesn't lose all his money investing in risky startups that go bust. Kind of a worrying article. He should just put his money in some blue chip stocks and live off the dividends.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  4. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Not sure how I missed this but it makes me feel a lot better.

With Melo this team had huge upside but it could just as easily combusted.

5. thedreamsteam

thedreamsteam Member

OKC is fooked

6. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

I was for getting him (because I think it was worth the gamble) but he always has given off a bad impression IMO.

Turning down contenders to stay with the Knicks a few years ago for example.

And his demeanor is off-putting on the surface. Case in point his answer to the press conference question in OKC about coming off the bench -- "who me?" -- acting as if it's beneath him.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  7. scolandry1

scolandry1 Member

He is playing for a contract to get out of Oklahoma City, though, so I think they'll ultimately get a good version of Carmelo.

#7 scolandry1, Sep 26, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2017
    amaru likes this.