1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

It's a shame how the Heat have such an influence on the Refs!

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Captain Hook, Mar 16, 2014.

1. Captain Hook

Captain Hook Member

This game is driving me crazy!! JVG nailed it with Haslem talking to the Refs about Beverley. In one instance, LBJ was crying because of D12 being in the paint to long without a violation, and the ref went out of his way to calm Lebron down, and on the next trip on the floor D12 gets called for a 3 second violation. I understand Lebron is in a league of his own but cmon man!

2. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

If you weren't a Rockets fan, you'd think we'd be getting just as much calls as anybody. I wouldn't focus so much on the officiating..

3. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

quit blaming the refs you homer. the refs are fine. beverley did not let battier land.

4. Captain Hook

Captain Hook Member

I didn't disagree with the call on Bev, Im talking about other instances on the floor.

5. Mr. Space City

dwight just got off with a push on birdman.

6. conquistador#11

you're just noticing this?

7. Mr Chuck Norris

I take it the earlier posts in this topic agree with the 4th quart was well lol

8. Moleb

Moleb Member

you think Heat get calls, watch Durant.

9. heads.up

heads.up Member

At least Lebron drives to the rim. This guy Durant takes jumpers all day and gets 10+ free throws ffs.

10. Andrew Wiggins

I think bev let him land, but Battier awkwardly continued his shooting motion to his waist until he hit Beverley. No call at best, the NBA is not that soft.

You guys really think Howard can't use any strength in the post? There was that 1 call where he used 2 hands, but he didn't push off.

Howard complained to the refs for giving Oden the forearm twice after Oden did the same thing on the other side and didn't get called for it. Oden is the same size as him and he should be allowed to play the same way as Howard. If Howard can't use his size/strenght against him then who can he use it against?

I did notice after Dwight or LeBron complained (about 3 second calls when Howard was not in the lane) to the refs they listened to them.

11. Edward77547

Edward77547 Member

I've seen OKC games officiated 10x worse then this one.

12. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Harden all kinds of calls. Can't complain about refs.

13. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

Like I said, the refs completely killed the momentum in the 4th quarter. They controlled the game down the stretch w/ bogus calls. Same with OKC. Not only do KD and LBJ get every call, but they also never get called for calls either. That's how bias refs have got

14. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

I think you mean OKC. The Heat don't get preferential treatment from the refs. Refs miss call here and there.

But Durant and OKC. You can't even breathe on them.

15. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

LBJ doesn't even really get every call. Parsons was actually allowed to play defense on him, unlike Durant.

16. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

The officiating is terrible in the NBA. These refs have dictated so many games, it's ridiculous and sad. I knew the refs were going to help the Heat win this game.

The turn point of this game was when LBJ set a pick on Lin in which led to a wide open three from Allen. Lebron held the shi# out of Lin.

17. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Bad calls are usually quite even. What I really hate was the late calls AFTER Wade or LeBron "called" it. It's like the refs were asking Wade, "Did he foul you? Yes? Okay, let me blow the whistle." It's almost like playground game where you call your own foul.

And that delay of game call was the most ridiculous.

18. Patterned919

Patterned919 Member

lmao

Didn't Lebron go like 10 games without a foul call or something crazy like that last season?

You have got to be kidding me about Heat not getting preferential treatment. Guessing you didn't watch yesterdays game. Or the Boston series. or the Knicks series. etc.

19. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

this is a sour spot for the NBA, no other sports among the 3 (NFL, MLB) have it this bad when it comes to superstar calls.

20. Patterned919

Patterned919 Member

correction: a streak of 211 minutes of game time and apparently not committing even one foul...riiiiight lol

Guy gets away with doing whatever he wants.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is a technical on literally anyone else.

[youtube]v4UsdD1-JY4[/youtube]