1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

It sure is a small world...something I didn't know

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by pocketrocket81, Aug 19, 2013.

1. pocketrocket81

I grew up in Channelview until I was 12 years old. I moved to East Texas in 1978 but kept up with my friends in Channelview until I was 19 or so and eventually grew apart.

I just found out through Facebook that one of my best childhood friends works the announcing booth for the Texans as a spotter for the announcing team. I also knew the p.a. announcer David Brady but his spotter Sam Ogden was one of my best friends growing up.

Sam also worked for the Rockets in the 90's as one of those people you see wiping up slippery spots on the floor and whatever else they do. Nice to know this stuff, I think I will try to say Hi next time I go to a Texans game.

Here's the link ... http://vimeo.com/57069310

2. Grinds

Grinds Member

I should've invented Facebook.

3. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

My Uncle worked with the Oilers charity events and used to SERIOUSLY party with Pastorini in Clear Lake even on nights before games. He's now on his deathbed due to cancer but loves telling me the stories.Holy balls, Dan was MAN all of the way!

My old neighbor Joe Dugger was security for the coaches/equipment manager, or the guy who held the wires for the headsets before wireless. Back in the late 70's and early 80's I was able to go into the locker rooms before and after games and to all kinds of events. I saw cocaine once.