1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

It just keep getting more depressing. Broussard with interesting comment.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by robroy77, Jun 20, 2012.

1. robroy77

robroy77 Contributing Member

This is a snippet from a new ESPN article about Deron Williams. The usual suspects are talked about and then he mentions teams with little to no chance, but that is not what their thread is about. Look who he calls a interesting team for him. New Orleans/Stern are masterfully rebuilding while we wait for our "Star!" He is the link to the whole article and below is the snippet from it.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/stor...ts-mavericks-leaders-race-sign-deron-williams

The Portland Trail Blazers, Charlotte Bobcats and Sacramento Kings aren't in great shape basketball-wise, and while better than the aforementioned three, neither are the Houston Rockets. The Indiana Pacers could be a good fit, but Williams, being from Dallas, is willing to settle in just one cold-weather city -- New York.

New Orleans is interesting because the Hornets have Eric Gordon, assuming they re-sign him, and presumed No. 1 overall pick Anthony Davis. Throw Williams into the mix, and the Hornets could make a huge leap in the West. But it's hard to see Williams basing his decision on a rookie draft pick.

2. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

Did you seriously think D-Will was gonna actually consider Houston?

3. robroy77

robroy77 Contributing Member

No I never thought we would get D Will. Its more the fact that we are still on the outside looking in and NO are considered a sleeper team for him.

1 person likes this.
  4. J.R.

J.R. Member

What we already knew: Stars aren't interested in playing in Houston. Meh but thanks for posting.

5. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Guys, if we can just trade for Pau Gasol, EVERYONE will want to play here!

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Well not Bynum and Kobe....

;)

DD

7. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Chris Broussard is an idiot. He may or may not be right here, but he's an idiot.

8. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

^this

9. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Just spews out his own opinions on who should be traded or repeats s**ty trade/ signing rumors everybody already knew.

10. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

Said it before and I'll say it again, only way we get stars to come to Houston is if we draft and develop a star.

11. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Interesting post. I hadn't thought of New Orleans as a possible destination for Williams, but when you think about it now, after this move, and of paramount importance, getting easily the top player in this draft, it doesn't look that crazy to me. Add that New Orleans has the night life many cities, outside of a handful of what are considered "top destinations," can only dream of. (and Austin doesn't have a team, of course, although if there was any justice, they would have the Kings... just compare the two!) So yeah, I think NOLA might squeeze into the mix, or maybe I didn't have enough sleep last night.

#11 Deckard, Jun 20, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2012
  12. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  13. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

stop chasing fools gold and build a freaking team!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it's hard work (unless you are Miami), but that's what non-destination-city franchises have to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 people like this.
  14. Asian Sensation

I sure do miss have Yao around for that reason.

15. Downtownbrown

Downtownbrown Member

You all think everyone is an idiot! He does his job.

1 person likes this.
  16. WNBA

WNBA Member

Pau Gasol did not want to play here.

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

^^Sarcasm meter is broken.^^

18. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

I have to agree with you. His track record in the past has been terrible when it comes to insider information.

19. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Anthony Davis for Dwight? Is he have better trade value than Bynum or Brook Lopez?

20. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

This is the best news i've heard all day. Now can we just build our freakin team instead of begging for another teams scraps, already???!!!