1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

It is so clear now...We have too many players

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by opticon, Nov 14, 2010.

Tags:
  1. opticon

opticon Member

We have 3 Rotation players out and we still played 9 men a very Balanced amount of minutes.

I am not saying the Guys who are out need to traded. I do know it is crystal clear to me right now he have to many solid Nba players. Even if we have to turn our excess players into draft picks we have to move some bodies.

Im convinced we suffered the loosing streak because we had to many solid players that needed to be evaluated and not enough time to find the right balance.

Good luck Morey :)

2. makman

makman Member

We also have an injury prone roster, depth is a great thing you just need to know how to use it which Adelman did not.

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Huh? Now, who was saying that again?

Oh yeah...me !

We have too many players in the rotation, AB and Yao have to play when they come back but Lee and one big have to sit as a result.

DD

4. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

I really think Lee needs more playing time out there. He just needs more of an opportunity to show he can score and play D too..

5. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Should be Budinger sitting not Lee.

6. mylilpony

mylilpony Member

in the middle of the season we will be kings because everyone else will get injuries, but the rockets will stay afloat or pass eveyone up.

7. DaDakota

Only one of them can play, I think Bud should play, but if the coach decides to play Lee...fine by me.

DD

8. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

I love bud, but his D is going to hurt us. Teams will always post him up and take him to the paint easily...

9. liljojo

liljojo Member

I actually agree. 10 and 11 man rotations can really mess up chemistry, since players don't really have a sense of continuity by playing on the court together for extended periods of time. 9 player rotations should be the max number, unless you're team USA and can sub in 5 guys at the same time, with no drop in ability.

10. makman

makman Member

Can't sit Lee down he looked good and I think it's only going to get better. I'd like to see him cut into shane's min at the 3. Let shane sit majority of the game, for the teams sake.

11. infinitidoug

infinitidoug Member

I hope the Rockets annihilate more teams so that JT can showcase whatever skill he has to make it easier for DM to unload him.

12. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Why? Lee's shooting, shot creation, movement, and defense have all been better. If it comes down to him Vs. Bud, gotta go with Courtney.

Honestly though, it should really come down to Shane sitting a little more.

1 person likes this.
  13. amaru

amaru Member

We need those bodies now.

We are the Houston Rockets, therefore alot of our guys will go down with injuries. We have 3 guys out right now.

All of a sudden that depth is needed. :)

14. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

We would have lost these few games if we had a shorter rotation because scrubs would have been getting heavy minutes due to the injuries.

Also, we don't need to trade players, we just need to play terrible teams more....

15. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Contributing Member

Lee definitely needs to be playing more than Buddinger. Lee can actually play defense.

16. DaDakota

Lee can't play SF.......

Only Shane and Bud can go between SG and SF....

DD

17. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Contributing Member

What is the difference between SF and SG?

18. davestrate

davestrate Member

OR try really really hard to trade both for an elite player

19. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Spurs cut their roster to 13. Spurs won today against the Thunder without Duncan. Maybe you guys have a point.

I feel we need to load up on bodies because for some reason we are always injured. we start streamlining the roster and suddenly some one goes down and then we have to scramble to find a replacement.

20. liljojo

liljojo Member

SG are smaller, usually better ball handlers

SF are bigger, better rebounders

It's mostly a size difference and what position they guard.