1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

It all started by me trying to do the right thing

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Roscoe Arbuckle, Sep 2, 2017.

1. Roscoe Arbuckle

Ok, here's the situation: My parents went away on a weeks vacation...

Only folks of an age above 30 even know that those were of Will Smith's first hit single ever. I digress. I hate everyone who joined here after 2010 mostly. Mostly...

So, here's my take, and I don't pussyfoot around to newcomers, I try to put it out as it actually happened; mainly because there is no reason not to.

I'd like to also preface this by apologizing to all jewish people. I went to Bellaire. I literally know tons of Jewish people (including the one I'm about to discuss,) for better or worse. 90% are awesome, probably like every other category out there. This will be brought up later though, so "earmuffs."

Anyhoo, it all starts at my 45th birthday party in Feb (yep, I'm old) and we were all enjoying ourselves. The girl, who I will call Hillary, was with all of us. We tend to have parties bring folk along just for the hell of it, and this was no exception. I will also preface this with the fact that she and I a few years ago made out, only to have her freak out twice. Shame on me, etc. anyways, she was there; I was interested in another person, and it all worked out. UNTIL Hillary found out her car was towed. I literally was the only one there and she is hyperventilating. Trying to be a nice guy I tell her I'll get her car out. I pay $240 and only ask for $200 back. She swears she'll pay me back that month and I say "just give me $50/month and we are fine.

Next time I see her out she goes "hey! Sorry I haven't got back to you! Here's $30!"

2nd time same nonsense. This time $20.

And, I kid you not, 3 more months roll where everytime I see her she asks how business is doing and promises she will pay me back.

Until One day...

In typical FFB mode, I fall into a glass table, filled mostly with miniature buildings, because of Godzilla. I ruined a child's life, but meh.

Next day I go to Hillary and say "hey! you still owe me $50! Just pay it to Carrie for the table I Mothra'd."

She replied "No, I will only pay you, and by the way I've paid you way more than that. You're just too drunk to remember."

Now, I do imbibe slightly from time to time, but everytime I've seen this girl 20 times since, and as soon as she saw me "hey! How's business!" I guess you don't need money from me? Ha ha.

First off; I can be making a million a week. I helped you out at a discount. You still owe the damn money. (at this time it becomes an honor thing)

Anyway, it devolved from her calling me a drunk (which is debatable, meh, probably not) To me calling her a slack-jawed pathetic jew.

I was incredibly pissed that I gave money at a discount with no loan provisions, and I said inappropriate names. I'll own that.

Anyway, she cropped "our" conversation on facebook. I'm disappointed with this tactic: It allow folks to frame a discussion. but only when it is leaning their way. How is that ever Democracy?

I'm still livid and have zero respect with any that are still siding with her.

[​IMG]

#1 Roscoe Arbuckle, Sep 2, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2017
    Nook likes this.
  2. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

3. Roscoe Arbuckle

Lol. You don't know me. Now please delete that ****.

4. BALLhog 247 365

5. Roscoe Arbuckle

Lol. Idiots think this is my first rodeo...

6. s land balla

s land balla Contributing Member

Are you who I think you are?

7. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

If we have learned anything here on Clutchfans it would be "never loan friends or family money with the expectation of getting it back"
    i.e. never loan more than you would just give them anyway. ( they will always have embarrassment and guilt about either way so your relationship will probably sour)

8. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

You're 33 years older than me but I can assure you that this thread reeks of poverty.

Hanging out with poor folks, you got ways to go before you can hang out big baller bigg texxx

9. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I had trouble following the narrative thread. 46% fresh score on Rotten Tomatoes

ramotadab, B-Bob and Roscoe Arbuckle like this.
  10. Roscoe Arbuckle

ah. You're 12. That explains a lot.

11. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

That sucks man.

2 options left for you.

1. Forget about it, take the loss & move on. Never interact with her again.

2. Ask for a BJ / Massage. $150 worth. Everybody wins with this option, especially jew my friend.

12. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

No kidding. Last year, after having their house flood for a 2nd time on Memorial Day, a friend of my wife asked if they could borrow our pop-up camper while they repair their house. They figured it would be better than being in a hotel. I was hesitant but my wife really wanted to help her friend out. So, I take it over there, get it set up and show them everything they need to do. A few weeks later, we get a text while we were on vacation saying that there was some water that spilled and damaged some of the particle board. No big deal, I'm thinking, because I was planning to rebuild the galley anyway.

A couple weeks after that, they said they were done with it and I could come get it. I show up to their house and my jaw drops. I find my canopy thrown over the roof, the poles thrown in the yard, a 5 gallon bucket of water in the middle of the camper with bugs, every inch of particle board destroyed, and water in every drawer. It takes me an hour to get it in a position to be able to close it and take it home. Apparently, their contractor needed the water for his tile saw one day. During the time that the water was disconnected, someone came in and turned on the faucet. They never turned it off. The contractor reconnected the hose and turned the water on from the house.

Later, a storm came through which apparently caused the roof to crack. Instead of using any one of the 3 tarps I left them to cover the roof, they left it to leak, causing one of the main roof braces to pop off.

My wife's friend claimed she had no idea because she wasn't the one staying in it. I got it home and managed to get it opened up. It was toast. I didn't have insurance on it and the damage was way more than what I had paid for it. Did they offer anything to help? Nope. Only after a sort of passive aggressive facebook post by my wife about how she missed her camper did her friend offer anything. First, she offered to buy us a used one. We didn't want that. We agreed that she could just pay us the money she might've spent. The next week, I got a check for 1/25th. A month later, another check for the same amount. That was a year ago and the last money we saw from them. A month ago, when teachers were getting back to work, my wife sees her now ex-friend who promises us that she's going to pay. Fast forward to last week...their house is completely submerged. Naturally, my wife tells her she's off the hook.

So, a year+ later, we're out a camper and the money we paid for it.

ramotadab likes this.
  13. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

I love Jewish people and Jewish girls in general. I really wish I could find one in this city.

I only let the very best of friends borrow anything over 20-50 and I don't ever get asked.

14. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Also, love how Fatty is using the "I have friends who are X so the disparaging thing I'm about to say is totally cool."

Nook and Roscoe Arbuckle like this.
  15. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

The two unavoidable compromises of living in Houston, TX: hurricane flooding, and fattyfatbastard.

el gnomo, tmoney1101 and Deckard like this.
  16. Roscoe Arbuckle

[​IMG]

17. Daedalus

Daedalus Member

Strange and weird statement.

18. Roscoe Arbuckle

I say that because I have tons of jewish friends, including the one I cursed out. What I said was inappropriate. But I still think she should have karma bite her in the ass.

19. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Why bother bringing up that she is Jewish? What does that have to do with anything?

don grahamleone likes this.
  20. Roscoe Arbuckle

I prefaced only because I called her out when she chose to be a complete b****. That said, It was still inappropriate.