1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

It’s Over: BlackBerry Seeks Exit Strategy

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Pizza_Da_Hut, Aug 13, 2013.

1. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Didn't see this posted:
    http://windowsitpro.com/paul-thurro...+windowsitpro/wininfo+(WIN>News>WinInfo+News)

\

I really hope someone like MS swallows them up. It could be interesting if WP could get a stronghold in DoD stuff and other applications if they can somehow incorporate the security of a blackberry device. I could also see apple eying much the same strategy.

2. Sajan

Sajan Member

It's what they get for assuming touchscreen keyboards will never work on a phone.

Plus their 50% marketshare is taken out of context a little. At that time, people were really into texting and people just wanted a qwerty keyboard. No consumer actually did any web browsing, or media consumption on there.

Jontro likes this.
  3. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

There goes my chances of ever getting a Rim job.

(I think I first heard this joke on CF actually from an earlier Blackberry thread)

4. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

So Apple, Cisco (that thong thong thong thong), MS, and Google are all projected as possible suitors for buying out RIM.

Please baby Jesus in all your glory not let it be Google... anybody but Google.

5. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I don't see Google or Apple being aggressive. My bet is on Samsung or MS bidding the highest. Or maybe Amazon.

6. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

Hopefully Microsoft can do it. Completely eliminate BES support. Find a way to integrate BBM with Skype. Make Exchange ActiveSync a primary feature and make it support every single policy available on Exchange 07, 10, and 13. To this day I think Android only supports 16 security policies in an Exchange server environment.

It would at least come back to life in the IT sector if this occurs.

Or, go full blown android, and make enterprise a top priority. If all else fails, sell the patent portfolio. I'm positive Google is drooling over that possibility to protect itself from you know who.

7. Jontro

Jontro Member

As a long time BB user, I'm glad they're dying. Failed to adapt to the times and just woke up before their final blow.

Android is the new way of life.

8. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Does this mean my employer will finally lose the option of making me carry this ****ty BB around?

9. Scionxa

They'll wake up one day and realize they're wasting a ton of money on BES.

10. opticon

opticon Member

I chucked BES out the window in 2009. People laughed at me when I told them active sync would crush BES back then.

11. Scionxa

I believe you. Back in 2009, a lot of environments I was familiar with were using BES. Now? None.

Easier to just use appriver or rackspace too if it's a tiny environment with limited funds than to use that POS. Although the policies you could manage on it were pretty good.

12. the shark

the shark Member

Been a long time BB user, but it's been apparent that this day has been coming for the past couple of yrs.

13. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

14. Jontro

Jontro Member

so blackberry phones stopped working on january 4th, 2010? why are they just telling us now?

jiggyfly, Ubiquitin and Sajan like this.
  15. Squirtle

Squirtle Member

Ehehehegehehege

16. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

There are people on this board that haven't been around long enough to remember Blackberry's dominance, especially in the business world.

Being an old, fat fingered dude, I still miss the keyboard for business emails.

17. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

It's funny the keyboard was the reason I never liked Blackberry.

It was the original Iphone with the arrogance people had about them.

Sajan likes this.