1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Issel to stay with Nuggets

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Relativist, May 1, 2001.

1. Relativist

Relativist Contributing Member

Check this out

DENVER – Dan Issel will get at least another year to continue his rebuilding project with the Denver Nuggets.

After meeting with team owner Stan Kroenke last week, Issel was allowed to keep his dual position as Denver's coach and president of basketball operations.

Woah. I thought, based on some of the posts by Nugzfan and others, that Issel was on his way out. Does this mean there's a legitimate chance of getting ahold of LaFrentz? I'd kind of accepted that LaFrentz won't go anywhere unless Issel is gone, but seeing as there's bad blood between them and Issel will be staying, maybe we can throw something Danny's way. How do you guys think Issel's staying with the Nuggets will affect their roster?

------------------

[This message has been edited by Relativist (edited May 01, 2001).]

2. Puedlfor

Puedlfor Contributing Member

LaFrentz my ass.

Walt + Cato for McDyess. Issel would do that, he's an idiot.

------------------
    Founder and President of the Houston Homers Club(HHC) - Are you a homer? Join now!

The Rockets will be NBA champions. Believe.

3. countingcrow

countingcrow Contributing Member

LaFrentz would be a hell of a pickup for the Rockets. I think his style of play fits the Stevie and Cuttino perfectly and he has range to the three-point line. He showed improvement this season in his blocking ability and he can be rugged when he has to. LaFrentz is leaps and bounds ahead of what we currently have in lazy-ass Cato. A two-headed center of Olajuwon and LaFrentz sound very inticing.

------------------

4. Live

Live Member

[​IMG]

------------------

5. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Man, have you been smoking the bong recently.

Walt+Cato = Mcdyess AND Lafrentz [​IMG]

------------------
    I hope, when they die, cartoon characters have to answer for their sins.

6. Nuggets4

Nuggets4 Contributing Member

------------------
    Nuggets4
    Today the Nuggets announced that Dan Issel would be back as head coach next season. In related news, the NBA announced that the Nuggets have been mathematically eliminated from the 2002 NBA playoffs already.

7. Puedlfor

Puedlfor Contributing Member

Hehe, thats funny. Unless you're a Nuggets fan.

Of course, now you know there are no bandwagoners left(if there ever were any). Everyone thats left is a true fan.

Kind of like Warrior's fans, all 11 of them.

------------------
    Founder and President of the Houston Homers Club(HHC) - Are you a homer? Join now!

The Rockets will be NBA champions. Believe.

8. Relativist

Relativist Contributing Member

Hey Nuggets4,
    KT/Cato/#13 for LaFrentz. Would you take it?

------------------

9. Nuggets4

Nuggets4 Contributing Member

Nope. I was a fan of Cato in Portland when he was raw. Now he's getting to the point where it appears hopeless. I like Thomas, but I think LaFrentz is a solid player who, with coaching, could be an good/great player.

Unfortunately for the Nugs, I'm not the GM.

------------------
    Nuggets4
    Today the Nuggets announced that Dan Issel would be back as head coach next season. In related news, the NBA announced that the Nuggets have been mathematically eliminated from the 2002 NBA playoffs already.

10. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

How much is Lafrentz making? Probably about 3.5 now? (Whenever I check RealGM on my computer, something goes wrong, so I can't check.) Probably we would have to take Tariq Abdul-Wahad's contract if we sent Cato/KT/#13; and I would only do that if we could send TA-W to Chicago or Detroit for, say, a 2nd rounder.

Does Tariq suck or can he play but he fell out of favor with Dan Issel?

------------------

11. davo

davo Contributing Member

What the hell is wrong with Denver? Issel has done nothing with that team since he's been involved, and wasn't there some kind of player walk out/revolt this year. How many pointers does the owner need before he makes a move?

Odds on he will be released 2 months into next season, and they'll have to go with an interim head coach.

------------------
    ..as a man danced so the drums were beaten for him.
    Current Rocket's Salary & Contract Info

12. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

It's that thin air. It plays with the mind you know.

[​IMG]

------------------
    Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things.

13. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Who else do you think will be fired or kept on. I personally think and expect Dunleavy will be gone. Im not saying it is completely his fault (the GM has written the story on how not to millions of dollars) but I dont thinkhe can ever take the Blazers team to the championship. I also expect Dave Cowens wont be lasting much longer with the Warriors. What about the coach in Cleveland? They started so strong and fell so far.

Obviously, Issel should have been fired.

------------------
    I hope, when they die, cartoon characters have to answer for their sins.