1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[#IslamicWorld] Egyptian Parliament Considers Outlawing Atheism

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Cohete Rojo, Jan 8, 2018.

1. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

One step short of outright apostasy laws. This is not the direction I want the West to take.

2. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

#AnotherStupidCoheteThread

Rashmon and R0ckets03 like this.
  3. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Is Egyot considered the West?

To state the obvious, this is horrible and should be embarrassing for any reasonable person from that has roots in that country.

Can posters with a Muslim background comment on what Islam says regarding punishment for atheism?

4. Buck Turgidson

If you are in the company of 2 or more people in Mississippi, you can be fined $100, or thrown in jail for not more than 30 days, if you use profanity or vulgar language.

This is not the direction I want the West (ern US) to take.

#4 Buck Turgidson, Jan 9, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
    FranchiseBlade likes this.
  5. Exiled

Exiled Member

Last chapter of Quran which contains short verses that most people in ME memories it with ease have the verses of Al-Kaferon(Disbeliefers):
    Say: O unbelievers,
    I do not serve that which you serve,
    Nor do you serve Him Whom I serve,
    Nor am I going to serve that which you serve,
    Nor are you going to serve Him Whom I serve:
    You shall have your religion and I shall have my religion.

For Egypt nowdays, Sisi is preparing for a re-election that he will win by a large margins like in other ME democracis ,shortly after NYT leaked his cabinet phone calls with Trump's administration which they showed their approvals to Jersualim capital move, it kinda of helps as a distraction from real issues like economy, lefting Marshalls law that was imposed forever, detoreation to an already pathetic situation in that place

6. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Is an “unbeliever” one who is not a Muslim, one who doesn’t subscribe to one of the Abrahamic religions, or an atheist?

The last line still presumes that the unbeliever has a religion of some sort, but maybe it’s an Arabic translation bug.

7. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

What a dumbass response. The difference is that Egypt is planning to pass a new law on this, in 2018, whereas the Mississippi law is some antiquated relic that obviously isn't enforced.

8. Exiled

Exiled Member

It's an umbrella term for all what you had mentioned, like goyim
    The direct definition is Religion,but could be an implications of strong devotion to certain beliefs or lack of it,there are many verses that specifically tell Muhammad: you're just a messenger not an authetarian who takes control of others
    I think Religions specially Abrahamic one's have faith in afterlife's rewards/punishments, therefore, it should be left to that point instead of acting like God's on our own

9. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I am not sure. There is a Coptic area in Cairo. Their Christian population which was once the majority has been shrinking. They are also struggling economically because of terrorism. One way in which their tourism is sharply down. Some of the stuff I picked up while I was there in May of 2017.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  10. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

:eek:

Well I guess athletes will be okay. They are all religious lol

11. Buck Turgidson

It's a dumbass thread started by a dumbass poster. Western countries outlawing atheism is about as likely as [pick unfathomable scenario of your choosing].

12. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

I’m sorry: what did I do to provoke such derogatory language about myself from you?

Please observe decorum.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  13. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

14. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Buck gets crabby and grouchy when he's triggered. He gets triggered when others call him out for being wrong. Don't let it bother you.

15. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

i didn't believe in god but then he visited me in my dreams. he told me, "ipaman, i'm not real" so now i don't believe in him because he hath commanded me so.

16. Exiled

Exiled Member

your trip must be fascinating ,but to shed some light , from history, their prosecution were on the hands of Roman Church, before Protestant carried the tourch, to this day ,they're not really veiwed as legitimate Christians by other denomination of Western Christianty

https://tasbeha.org/community/discu...estants-thought-of-the-coptic-orthodox-church

FranchiseBlade likes this.