1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Islamic groups bomb Indian border-- mass casualties

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by downbytheriver, Nov 3, 2014.

1. downbytheriver

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-29871077

FromAP-

The official tally is over 50 killed, 100s injured, but as we've seen in the past.. that number escalates.

What's the issue with India again? You consistently see jewish and christian victims, now hindu victims for what exactly? Moderates need to step in and take a stand.

2. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Honestly, this isn't pushed hard enough by any group right now -- I think we need something simple though like 'Just say No to IEDs'.

3. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You realize that this act was the militants response to moderates cracking down on them?

That's the irony - Moderates crack down, militants respond with something like this, and your response is MODERATES DO NOTHING!

You and your pals like Nook, Casey, and ATW need to educated yourselves before posting. Do you even know if a single Hindu died? Did you tell people that the explosion was on the Pakistani side and was targeting the Pakistani troops as a warning not to continue cracking down on them?

No. Because you are spreading your own form of propaganda.

4. downbytheriver

right. the response to a moderate muslim government cracking down on them (supposedly, SUPPOSEDLY, as there is absolutely no proof yet) was to kill more hindu's. Let's see the moderate response to this.. do they sweep it under the rug as inevitable border conflict, or start imposing their will.

5. dmc89

dmc89 Member

Don't be a fool. You've made several posts on this forum saying moderates Muslims aren't doing enough/being too soft/quiet/etc. The majority victims of Islamic extremism are Muslims (80% would be my rough estimate). Unfortunately, moderates Muslims are outgunned, outspent, without effective leadership, and having the label Muslim attached to them. You don't hear about our (failing) efforts because they're not reported to the extent -if any - as ISIS news is by American media.

You mentioned you were tired of the War on Terror, and how too many close to you have been affected by Islamic terrorism. Well guess what? I have scores of friends and family in Pakistan serving in their armed forces/government. One of our good friends was assassinated in January after surviving nine other attempts on his life due to his counter-terrorism efforts as chief of police. I doubt you, me, or anyone could sit in his chair for a day given the tough job he had as a moderate fighting extremism. In fact, many of those who were killed or hurt today were Pakistani Muslims.

Operation Zarb-i-Azb which was launched this summer to combat extremism is why this attack occurred. As an outsider, you're being intellectually lazy by seeing everything in binary. The extremists attacked this ceremony to fan Indian nationalist/anti-Muslim sentiments. In response, the undecided Muslims side with the extremist rhetoric of strength through unity. The minority secular Muslims look weak in the face of India's wrath. I've seen estranged siblings band come back together as a powerful family once they assumed the family as a whole was under attack rather than each individual. As a lawyer, I saw this with a ruthless and cunning client (think Tywin Lannister) using an lie to bring all the sheep back into the fold against a common enemy's expected response.

Until you venture outside Texas and travel to Saudi Arabia so you can see firsthand what real money is like, don't belittle the efforts of moderates Muslims. Instead, help us by recognizing us and our secular, 21st c. interpretations instead of Islam as a whole. As a far-right conservative, I assume you champion Citizens United and its consequences. Well the same principle of money = speech = power/influence is happening with Wahhabi petrodollars. Thanks to the power of the dollar in the Post-Bretton Wood era, extremists have long arms everywhere. You'd be astounded at the capital flows.

TL;DR Moderate Muslims are standing up to extremist Islam, but few in the West realize it because they're ignorant of the conditions on the ground in the Islamic world as far as funding from oil-rich extremist countries, and the media doesn't report this sufficiently.

2 people like this.
  6. dmc89

dmc89 Member

I apologize for the numerous typos above. I was on my phone, and working on something else at the same time.

7. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Let's see what NewYorker thinks about this.

8. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

How many Hindus were killed. You do know the bomb happened in Pakistan right?

9. okierock

okierock Contributing Member

Why do you think the rich and powerful elite in these areas support Sharia?

I think they support it because it makes it very easy to control every aspect of their subjects lives, thought, belief, action, punishment. If you were to create a religion that would be perfect for a despot, what would it look like?

10. trustme

trustme Member

I don't see anywhere in the article saying Hindus were attacked or killed. Or that they were even targeted. Please stop with your anti-Muslim propaganda.