1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Game 3 between Luka and the Mavs and Shai and the Thunder. Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

is vlad guerrero the best baseball player today

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by guest, Jul 15, 2002.

1. guest

guest Member

i certainly think he is the most well rounded and best overall. he is also the least known of all the allstars out there. he is def. one of the most respected hitters in baseball.

any other opinions?

2. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I'd say either Bonds or A-Rod....A-Rod simply because getting that kind of production out of a middle infielder is insane...

3. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

Guerrero is good. If he played anywhere but Montreal, like for a contender, everyone would know how good he really is.

4. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I think most people who know a little bit about baseball know how good Vlad is. Hell, he's on the cover of the latest ESPN Magazine.

5. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Vlad was the best untill a guy named soriano came along....Soriano still doesnt get enough publicity in New York...

6. mfclark

mfclark Member

Vlad is light years ahead of Soriano and much more likely to keep up his current pace all season. Soriano's guady stats that make him one of the best fantasy players overrated him as an overall player right now, due in no small part to his absolutely horrid K/BB ratio.

7. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Soriano is having a stellar year. The only problem is that he will not keep up the pace he is on.

Vlad is a straight up bad ass. He has proven that he can do everything from hitting to fielding. He will continue to do so for many years. Imagine if Vlad had protection in the lineup. And now with Floyd there, it will be interesting.

8. MadMax

it won't be interesting very long after the team is dissolved! :)

9. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Madmax,

I don't think the Expos will be dissolved. Not with the way MLB is letting them trade.

I believe they will be able to find an owner and hopefully move to DC. Screw Peter Angelos.

Also, it seems to me the Florida teams deserve the boot, but the laws in those states may prevent it.

10. Major

Major Member

i think a-rod or soriano get that simply because they also do it at the most difficult defensive positions.

That stat on Soriano and 2nd base is ridiculous. He gets to 2nd base on his own (doubles, steals, etc) 18% of the time. The second best player in that stat in all of baseball is like 13%. That's nuts.

11. MadMax

all the articles and speculation i've read lately is that the Expos will be dissolved...that the league is just letting these guys run wild (as long as they don't add significant salaries) to make one last run at the playoffs.

the marlins will be moving to DC. again...this is just what i'm reading/hearing. i certainly don't have any inside info.