1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is this a joke? Minute Maid Park...?

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by UTweezer, Jun 5, 2002.

1. UTweezer

UTweezer Contributing Member

Our park is now officially the laughing stock of the entire professional sports world

2. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

No it's not and did this really need another thread?

3. BubbaMac

BubbaMac Contributing Member

Yes it is and no we didn't

4. chievous minniefield

chievous minniefield Contributing Member

I don't know if this needed another thread, but I will officially be embarrassed to say I'm from Houston now.

5. DiSeAsEd MoNkEy

yeah, there needs to be a stop to all these minute maid park threads.

also, you guys need to calm down! the name will grow on us after awhile im sure :)

6. Scout

Scout Member

What a weak name. We will never be a championship team with Drayton as the owner. And all that money for that name could have been used in the construction of the field rather than in Drayton's pockets while he is still crying about losses. I guess this 4 mil a year doesn't go in the books as profit?

Coca-Cola Field I could handle. Minute Maid? That will never grow on me. LOL, that is a joke. Weakness into the players psyche whether anyone will admit it or not. This is worse than the Rockets ugly uniforms.

7. Drewdog

Drewdog Contributing Member

Jesus Christ its only the name of a freaking baseball stadium.....

Who gives a ****??

8. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

It's not like we're going to playing in the World Series anytime soon so the whole world would be watching Minute Maid Park.

9. PhiSlammaJamma

So the retro Orange uniforms will become marketing genius.

10. Behad

Behad Contributing Member

Ditto

11. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I'm a huge Astros fan...and I could honestly care less. If this changes your opinion about your team in any way, you're really not much of a fan to begin with.

I heard someone say the name was not intimidating...oh, yeah..but Fenway Park is frightening!! and i'm sure Bagwell quivers at the name, Wrigley Field!!! or Pac-Bell Park!! aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!!!!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

i truly don't understand getting upset about this. the guy owns the rights to the name of the stadium, and he has the right to convey them however he sees fit. it's standard in the industry that the money goes to the owner...

12. Cold Hard

Cold Hard Member

I don't like the name, but so what...to me it's just a name, that's it. Nothing to get upset over.