1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is the Western Conference stronger this season than last?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by celebrevida, Dec 8, 2018.

?

Is the Western Conference stronger this season than last?

1. Yes

9 vote(s)
    81.8%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    18.2%
  1. celebrevida

celebrevida Member

One reason I think Rockets and even Warriors to an extent are struggling is that the Conference is just stronger.

Last year the Conference was very top heavy. It was Warriors, Rockets and then a big drop off. But this year every team other than Suns are competitive and can beat any other team on any given day. This is why the records are all bunched up from 1 to 14. I mean Rockets at 14th have beaten up the top teams including blowing out the Warriors.

A lot of these Western Conference teams have players that are starting to emerge into stardom. Meanwhile Rockets are getting older and slower.

I think that it needs to be acknowledged that the Western Conference is just stronger. And this is perhaps the major reason why the Rockets are struggling. The other teams have caught up!

#1 celebrevida, Dec 8, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2018
  2. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

It's kinda a weird argument. It's like all of the non-playoff teams got slightly or much better, while most of the playoff teams got worse. Yet, I'm afraid to call any team above good, besides Golden State. I feel like everyone else could have home-field, yet get swept in the 1st round.

hakeem94 likes this.
  3. LaVar Ball

LaVar Ball Member

with lonzo having a full year under his belt, yes

the big baller way

4. cheke64

cheke64 Member

The refs are stronger this year. They want every team not to suck so they can sell tickets and get viewers

hakeem94 and Rocket River like this.
  5. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

i do agree, its stronger, but also we've been losing a lot of these games by a close margin -- its not like we're getting blown out. last year we won a lot of close games. it shows how important depth is, and how important each player is on a team. If we had a better perimeter defender on luca, maybe he wouldn't have gone off like that?
    e
    we are about 2 players short right now. but even one good player added will make a huge difference i believe.

plutoblue11 likes this.