1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is the Ketchup and Mustard Back?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ballplayer, Jan 5, 2013.

1. VanityHalfBlack

So is this permanent or not????

2. basketballjones

3-0, don't forget about the Atlanta game on New Years Eve!

3. y2Joem

y2Joem Member

i thought the Rockets wore it first last new year's eve? :confused:

4. ralphabetsoup

ralphabetsoup Member

It gives opposing teams the heebies. When they see the classic ketchup and mustard, they not only know that McHale is walking through that door onto the court, they fear that Dream might be lurking somewhere as well. There's magic in those championship colors - the last full season wearing them = championship. Can't turn your back on that. :mad: :)

5. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

I'm so old school on em I don't even care that the mustard isn't Guldens....the mustard with the right zip!

6. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

last night a Cleveland announcer called PatPat a clown for wearing matching sneakers lol

7. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

so much better its not even funny. I don't understand why the org. likes having ****ty unis

8. Rokman

Rokman Member

Now we are getting to where the jerseys need to be. Would it be possible to do a single thin stripe down the side versus the outline of the old starting at the point made at the bottom of the shorts and straight up to the armpits? I am in agreement that there is far too much yellow on the jerseys.

9. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Last night against Cleveland, it looked like "McDonald's vs. Burger King" night. Lol.

10. Rokman

Rokman Member

^^Sorry, replied to the wrong quote. Was trying to reply to the new pictures posted.^^

11. greatpacha1

greatpacha1 Member

I like a littl extra mustard on those jerseys. But we need to get new standard jerseys or use the alts as the standard. Lol

12. Entropy

Entropy Member

If they are designated as "alternates" I imagine there would have to be limits to how many times you can wear them. Unfortunately.

13. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

Honest, the conspiracy theorist in me suspects the NBA has a hand in this because there are too many teams with the colors of red and yellow tied to their brand, so Houston can't rock them as their primary colors. No other way I can see why the Franchise wouldn't go back to similar scheme as it had in its hayday nor why despite not hating it as bad as the pin strips, the team hasn't been able to switch toward a new design closer to that of the more popular logo.

Les Alexander isn't an idiot and I suspect that while they get a good deal of cash off the current design, they know that a return to classic look will achieve just as much if not more sales.The problem is teams like the Raptors, Bulls, Heat, Hawks, Trailblazers, recently the Clippers, the 76ers and even the maroon colored Cavs share the reddish color. Meanwhile teams that have primary or heavy emphasis on yellow/mustard had the Pacers, Lakers, Warriors, Cavs (again) and Nuggets on occasion. Thus the Rockets have been regulated to Red and Dark blue with white pin stripes and now White, gray and red. Only hope is a new design but don't expect a major combination of the red and yellow mustard look unless the upcoming change of New Orleans causes their colors to shift and another team's allowing the Rockets to return with the NBA's blessing to being a full time team with those colors.

14. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

We should have a jersey like the alternates for home and switch red with white and yellow with red. Then have the ketchup/mustard for away. And the alternates should be black and red. If anybody out there is good at Photoshop then please attempt.

15. y2Joem

y2Joem Member

totally forgot the bucks game, men, that team is so forgetable

16. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

We seriously need a team redesign. This is the start of a brand new era. Let's act like it.
    The Cavaliers are the only other team that uses the Red/Yellow scheme. One in the East and one in the West should be fine.

17. okguy456

okguy456 Contributing Member

Harden looks so slick in the alternate uni's. actually everyone does...I want those back so bad!!!

18. Mariachi ROCKET

Definitely keepers!!! Im going to buy a J Hard red n Yellow! Love the fact that it says Houston in the front Vs. Rockets....

19. Stilldream'n34

Was at Academy the other day and noticed almost all the Rockets gear they had in stock was red and yellow. A lot of the old logo t-shirts but also the current logo or font in red and yellow. Maybe the team is considering a change and is projecting sales before making a change. Anyway I would love if they went to this color scheme full time

20. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

Hopefully a Philadelphia like makeover is in the works. We're in dire need of one.

New jerseys and logo=more money Les