1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is T-Mac the most naturally talented Rocket ever?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by johnnydeezy1, Sep 6, 2010.

1. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Hakeem was the most talented player ever to be a rocket and one of top five most talented players in the history of the NBA

2. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

Matt Bullard by far. Haven't you ever heard him talk about his greatness during the Rockets broadcast?!

I mean without him who knows what the Nba would be like now...

3. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

Eddie Griffin

4. johnnydeezy1

johnnydeezy1 Member

sorry for getting everyone pissed off. i understand how amazing the dream was. But i wasnt asking who was the GREATER or SKILLED player was. I was talking about NATURALLY talented.

mcgrady would win is faster and could jump higher and also may have more body control. hopefully that clears this up.

1 person likes this.
  5. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

McGrady couldn't do anything better than Hakeem, except whine.

6. johnnydeezy1

johnnydeezy1 Member

basically im talking about athleticism and things you cant learn.

7. Htown's2kFinest

Tmac?

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  8. johnnydeezy1

johnnydeezy1 Member

dude im not comparing the 2 but u cant honestly say the dream had over a 40 inch verticle and could outrun a prime tmac

9. DaFranchise03

DaFranchise03 Member

When we first got this guy in 98, I thought dynasty. I thought maybe we have finally found the perfect compliment to the aging Dream.

The picture says it all

10. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I'm not going to have this conversation with you. You are certifiably crazy, with all due respect.

11. johnnydeezy1

johnnydeezy1 Member

how? cause u cant say anything. if i was crazy i would be saying things like, tmac is just as good as hakeem or hakeem was over rated, but no im not. im just saying i think tracy is more naturally gifted and if people try and understand that i think more people would stop hating and actually see i have a point.

12. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uBrEsNS9zKg?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uBrEsNS9zKg?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

13. tested911

tested911 Member

If I have to guess you were probably still pissing in your diapers when Hakeem retired... So I'll forget you even posted this S**T!!!! :mad:

14. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Steve Francis could give Tmac a run for his money, he did afterall build the Toyota Center himself.

But what's the point of the discussion, we all know Tmac was talented. NBA has seen it's share of talented players come through and not fulfill the potential of their talents.

15. Eddie281Houston

Why ppl overrate Tmac so much he was so ****ing talented Better than kbe in Orlando magic...I witness his career and hakeem 2...best talented player in decade...tmac body failed him...of it wasn't for his body that failed him he will be still be here right on Kobe and lebron and wade...

16. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

Deckard=

A. Hakeem's biggest fan on earth.
    B. Bill Worell
    C. Hakeem himself.

Pick your choice.

17. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I was trying to embed TheReasonSF3 mix of dream from my phone...if it didn't work then someone else embed it

18. bloop

bloop Member

Tmac.

For those who don't know Hakeem worked hard for his game, including seeking out mentors like Moses Malone and spending his summers at Fonde. Tmac didn't do ****.

For what it's worth Jordan wasn't a natural talent either. He was dominated by his 5'9" brother and was cut from his high school varsity. He worked hard his entire career including his outside game later in his career.

Tmac was drafted when he was 19 and was a star by 21. The answer is clearly Tmac.

Tmac was not as good a player in the end as Dream, obviously, for those butthurt by these facts.

19. rocketman4325

rocketman4325 Member

You said natural talent. T-mac grew up playing basketball and developed his talent. Hakeem never touched a basketball until he was about to go to college and dominated from the start. Now thats natural talent.

20. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Thing is, you are claiming TMAC was more naturally gifted correct? TMAC had so many naturally gifted injuries that Hakeem could probably out run and out jump the guy at quite a few points in their careers.