1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is running every day good or bad for you?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by CountyClerk, May 19, 2009.

1. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

That is a pretty unhealthy amount for an adult male. Your body is going to use up its muscle as fast as you can build it, not to mention you are probably pretty much living in "starvation" mode.

2. CountyClerk

CountyClerk Member

Some pretty advice guys. keep up the discussion lol!

3. YallMean

YallMean Member

Sustainable regiment is most important. You don't want to be doing things you can't sustain and barely finishes. Do it at your pace, keep doing it, you will see a long lasting result.

4. DaDream

DaDream Member

Can just riding a stationary bike on a regular basis be good cardio and productive?

5. YallMean

YallMean Member

Depending your age.

6. CountyClerk

CountyClerk Member

And what about supplements? I've been thinking about using them to help with the muscle building but there are sooo many of them out there I dont know which one to pick. Do you guys have have a favorite that work for you?

7. DaDream

DaDream Member

early 30's. I have 2 toddlers full time. I can't just walk outside and take a run. What do you think would be most beneficial to me if I have to stay in the house. I tend to look away from the treadmill cuz I hate running.

8. YallMean

YallMean Member

Riding stationary bike probably is probably not a intense enough cardio exercise for you. I have a toddler too. You just have to find some time. Maybe after they sleep, go out for a 30 min jog?

9. Like A Breath

Like A Breath Member

1000 calories a day is a pretty dangerous amount if you're doing that for any prolonged period of time. You should at least be getting 1300-1500 so that your body doesn't eat itself.

10. DaDream

DaDream Member

and leave them in the house by themselves. I am a single parent with a 4yo and a 2 yo full time.

11. Vinsanity

Vinsanity Contributing Member

This is true. You should do the weight training BEFORE the cardio.

12. F.D. Khan

F.D. Khan Contributing Member

Memorial Park is great. Especially when the weather is like it is today. Once you start you have to finish and its ground gravel instead of cement which I believe is better for your knees and joints.

13. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Ultimately he/she is right, because your body enters different phases when doing high-impact (cardio) and doing low-impact (weights) work. Unless you are specifically training to add muscle mass, I wouldn't worry too much about it. The key to begin with is getting the exercise. If your goal is to add muscle mass, then I would definitely separate the two.

And by all means eat more than 1000 calories a day, otherwise you won't have the energy to fuel your workouts. Odds are your body will "force" you to eat more than that. Just make sure its the right kinds of foods.

14. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Dude, there is no way you're gonna increase muscle mass with such a tiny diet. If anything, that means that those girls saying you're too thin definitely were not lying. I mean, a TYPICAL diet for a male in his 20s is about 2500 calories....are you sure you meant 1000, and not 2000?

15. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

It worked for me, but the problem I have with the stationary bike is you can max out pretty quick. After a couple weeks on most stationary bikes, I'm up to the highest resistance and going pretty fast.

But my heart rate gets up and I sweat, so its good.

16. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

It really depends on who you are running from.

17. VanityHalfBlack

I have lots of sex with an overweight chick.. That's the only exercise I do around here..

18. BrieflySpeaking

BrieflySpeaking Contributing Member

I bet, by the time you find the hole you must be pretty exhausted.

19. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

You must take a break. At leat one day.

Running is the s*hit. The eliptical machine is for Pu$$ies.

20. CountyClerk

CountyClerk Member

Thanks for all the great advices!

I am going to bump this thread for motivation. I'll buy everybody dinner when I reach my goal of 150lbs of pure muscle haha.