1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is NBA 2k12 as fun as 2k11???

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by aggie87, Jan 4, 2012.

1. aggie87

aggie87 Member

one of my good friends told me to stick with 2k11 because 2k12 is too realistic and not as fun as 2k11

has anyone else played both? Im debating if I should grab 2k12 or just wait for 2k13 to com out

I usually buy 2k games once every 2 years instead of yearly

2. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

2k11 > 2k12

3. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

You can still dunk like crazy and hit silly shots, it's by no means "too" realistic.
    I'd advise you to rent it and get a feel for the gameplay, it's different but good.
    Passing is a pain in the arse though, the passes can be intercepted way too often cuz of the slow tempo/reaction time. You also have to know that there's no crew mode this year.
    The animations are greatly improved, same with presentation, My Player, etc.

4. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

I finally picked up for playstation.

5. Kronos

Kronos Member

PC version if you have a good gaming PC. The modding is incredible, makes the game 100X better. I created myself in the game and learned how to add my real face, tattoos =)

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

Too realistic? That's a bad thing? :p

2k12 is good imo. I can't really say much or compare it though. Just got 2K12/PS3 for Christmas. Before that, it was the 2K series on PS2 for me.

7. gah

gah Member

Can't answer your question because I'm a first time 2k player. I got it mostly to play association mode and have to say I'm disappointed. I first got into this mode with NBA jam for n64 -the one with freaking Keith Van Horn on the cartridge- and I figured 10 years later this mode would be more immersive, it was not to my surprise, it was fun only for a couple of days.

8. Htown's2kFinest

Nope. 2k11 is the better game and most fans would agree. I haven't touch the game in a while. I buy the game every year for the same reason why most people buy Madden every year; it's my fantasy basketball and I like playing it competitively online. But the online is just flat out broken. I can't even run a game against a buddy let alone all the other problems. If the online service worked I'd be fine with the game but this is a ongoing thing with 2k and this year it somehow has gotten worst. But really every year there's aways a new excuse for why the online service is so terrible. Like this year they say it's the "new coding".

Plus a big turn off for me this year is that the roster updates won't be like last year's. For instance... if Lowry was doing what he's doing now, but at the beginning of last season, he'd already see a upgrade in his ratings. Now in 2k12 you will be lucky to see an update for the Rockets. Wouldn't be surprised if Kyle's ratings went untouched the whole season. But I guess as long as Twill is on the team they'll be ok cause he is a beast :grin:. If he get's traded the team won't be nearly as good.

9. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I don't like the changes they made to isomotion. I used to be able to push one button for a hop step, now i have to push right trigger, while holding right stick in a certain direction at the right time. It's stupid.

10. Rockets_Texans

te only difference is the rosters and some of the story modes

11. Rockets R' Us

Rockets R' Us Contributing Member

I like 2K12 for it's inclusion of the classic teams. I enjoy running matchups of classic bulls teams vs. knicks, lakers, magic, rockets etc. It's fun playing as Dream and other 90s stars. However, I do miss an online gameplay setup that was pretty stellar and is now garbage.

As far as realistic, I definitely think 2k12 requires a hell of a lot more patience and skill if you want to dominate the "Hall of Fame" mode in difficulty. Every possession on offense and defense has to be played actively.

Glad I have both though!

12. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

They are both some of the best sports games ever made...

13. bongo33

bongo33 Member

Does anyone know how to turn fatigue and injuries off and change other aspects in online games (with people on your friends list)? 2k11 had this feature and it made for some intense games.

14. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Thanks for the advice. I will getting it for 11 bucks new.

15. couple of d's

couple of d's Member

If you play online I hope you enjoy playing the Heat, Lakers or Clippers.

16. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Don't forget OKC, most used team along with Heat. :p

17. joesr

joesr Member

2k12 has a lot of turnovers!!!

Passing is crazy

18. getsmartnow

getsmartnow Contributing Member

It's not as fun as 2k11. I'm playing through 2k12 at the moment and it's driving me nuts trying to play defence. But I'm determined to try and master it. Anyone got some tips? Basically I've learnt to NEVER jump/steal/try to block, but I have a really hard time trying to keep in front of the ball handler, regardless of his position or speed.

If I get really frustrated I just pop in 2k11 and have a couple of games dominating with My Player...it eases the pain.

19. RMGEEGEE

RMGEEGEE Contributing Member

Idk... I like the realistic aspect of 2k12.

And I know what you mean... Playing against the computer on 2k12 is VERY frustrating. I can't figure out how to play solid defense. Even with my center being Noah.
    I used to be able to beat any team on HOF in 2k11... I can blow out a team on rookie (2k12), but can hardly beat pro.

Frustrating, but a better game in almost every aspect.

20. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Online games are too crazy. So many steals.