1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Morey regretting the Twill deal?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Francis3422, Jan 21, 2011.

1. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I was just starting to wonder if maybe Morey regrets dealing for Twill? At the very least, Morey knew at the time of the deal that he was strengthening NJ's hand to make a deal for Melo and conveniently screwing NY. It seems as if New Jersey is honest in their walking away from the deal that was so close. Williams looks like he may really be a good player and if our scouting department believes in him then I trust them. I do wonder though, if he misses the flexibility that having the extra pick or the ability to trade this years pick would offer if we had not gotten Twill?

2. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

He's regretting the Williams deal like he was regretting the Patterson draft pick for the November and most of December. Clearly if a guy doesn't play much within the first couple months of joining the team, he's a bust and you must express your regrets in the Maoist struggle session.

5 people like this.
  3. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

he can still trade this year's pick, we still have ny's 2012 so he can still trade the 2011 pick

4. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

I think not. He sees T-Will as an asset. And while he doesn't control players minutes except with Yao he can certainly trade players so that Adelman has no choice but to give T-Will minutes. Without T-will trading Bud or even Lee would be harder to do if you were not getting back their replacement. With T-Will on the bench even trading Martin is possible if you get the right piece to upgrade another position.

I expect a deal that will give T-Will the opportunity to play. What he does with that opportunity is up to him. I am sure part of T_will thinks I should have shutup in NJ. Man at least I was getting some scrap minutes.

5. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Excellent, excellent post Carl.

6. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

Maybe U can teach Morey How to trade

7. moonsh0t

moonsh0t Member

I still think T-Will is going to be productive for the Rockets once he gets an opportunity. Patience is key.

8. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

Two things going against Williams:

1. Adelman doesn't like to play the young guys.

2. There is a logjam at every guard spot.

Not looking good for Williams.

9. arif1127

arif1127 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Tell that to AB, JHill, Patrick Patterson, CBud, and Ish.....

Seriously, while he's been in Houston, Rick has had no problem introducing youth into the lineup.

10. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

Morey could have tried to wait until the deadline or shortly before to trade for Williams, so there would already be room for him to play...

But another team would have traded for him.

Opportunity like this comes along, you can't wait... Regardless of your rotation.

11. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Williams will get his chance. From what I've seen so far he has the potential to be everything Jermaine Taylor was supposed to be. He's much much better at passing, he's better at defense, he's slightly better at ballhandling, he's about even at finishing at the rim, and he's a little worse at outside shooting. Really though his weaknesses are few and he just needs to work at improving every aspect of his game.

12. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

AB is the nba's most improved player and damn good.
    Jordan Hill is the only big man who is capable of blocking shots and being a inside force, so Rick has to play him.
    Patterson barely started to get playing time and only around 13 mpg.
    Cbud came out his rookie season lighting it up, so he got playing time.
    Ish is in the d-league.

13. Htown's2kFinest

I would think they would've thought this through and look at every possible scenario before trading anything...

Williams potential along was worth the risk, cause could just walk at the end of the day.

14. Htown's2kFinest

fixed^^

15. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

1) False. Adelman is actually playing the younger guys more than Terrance Williams. Budinger, Patterson, and Hill are all younger than T-Will.

Hill, in particular, has played most Rockets games. When he was in NY, he sat most Knicks games.

2) That's probably the main reason that he does not get played, this year. It may change after the trade deadline.

16. dartherus

dartherus Member

AFAIK, it'w your OWN pick you have to use at least once each 2 drafts...

FWIW, why not trading 2012 NY pick instead of Rockets own pick for TW?

Could anyone provide more info regarding this please? thx in advance...

17. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I am pretty sure we cannot trade this years first rounder. Right now to my understanding we could trade one of the 2012 picks (whichever one we did not send away in the Twill deal) and then a 2014 first rounder.

18. alethios

alethios Member

No, just his tweets.

19. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Wordaaaaaaaaaaappppppppppp

20. apollo33

apollo33 Member

/thread