1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Luka Lebron 2.0?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by TheRealAllpro, Nov 4, 2019.

1. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

he got 27/7/7. Lebron has no 27/7/7 games. He is more lebron than lebron.

2. Reeko

Reeko Member

Bron could fck around and end up winning a 5th MVP this season if the Lakers win a lot of games

26, 8, and 11 in his 17th season, and keep in mind that with all of the finals runs that he’s had, the amount of minutes that he’s played equates to like 2 extra seasons worth of play on top of those 17 seasons

Luka will be doing all that? If Bron had the spacing that Luka has, KP, Rick Carlisle, and all the other competent role players in Dallas instead of limited scrubs, he would’ve averaged more than 27, 7, and 7 in his 2nd season.

Last year, ol’ Bron had “lost a step” and was still averaging 27, 8, and 8 at age 34 on excellent efficiency.

oh, and Luka is definitely “infinitely worse” on D than prime Lebron...he’s closer to last season Lebron on defense when he had probably the worst defensive season of his career or close to it

3. Air Yordan

Air Yordan Member

Luka's game is much better to watch than LeBron's but they aren't similar players at all.

4. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

Well, it depens on what your definition of "infinite" is. To me, it sounds like "infinite" means Luka is a turnstile on defense, which he's not. I'm starting from the position that many people who watch only his highlights still have the "bad defender" vibe about him that was present last year.

It's same with Harden...he was a terrific defender last year (when he tried) and most people who don't watch him on defense still pegged him as one of worse defenders in the league. Rockets' fans hate that, but then they are doing the same to other non-Rockets players, like Luka for example.

MorningZippo likes this.
  5. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

Bill Simmons sees Luka winning 2-3 MVPs in his career, and he's way less biased than me (and let's be honest, I'm much much less a homer than most US NBA fans are about their team/player). So is he exaggerating too?

6. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

I don’t think it’s impossible that Luka wins 2 MVP’s over the course of his career. However, that says nothing about how good he has been so far, which is where you’ve demonstrated clear bias.

Regardless, I don’t really care. If you can find a measurable phenomenon where he actually performs well on defense (a statistic) then I’ll gladly admit that you’re right. Those stats don’t exist, because Luka simply isn’t as good as a lebron is on defense. Not even close.

Actually, you thinking Americans are homers with their players is another manifestation of your bias. If you didn’t have such an exaggerated view of Luka, you probably wouldn’t think that at all.

7. Reeko

Reeko Member

He’s not a turnstile or the worst of the worst on that end, he’s just nowhere near the level of a prime Lebron on that end, and never will be. He’s a defender with some limitations who gives effort.

8. omgTHEpotential

I think you should really take a step-back (...cause you're a Luka fan, get it...) and look at the argument as a whole. Nobody is saying that Luka is a bad player or that he is incapable of winning the MVP. It's just that he has a very limited ceiling on the defensive end.

However, I will say that his defensive struggles are probably of different type than Harden's. Luka might have the defensive IQ and he gives effort on that end, he just doesn't have the physical tools to do it. Harden on the other hand, is a pretty elite physical specimen. He's an above average athlete and has a mammoth wingspan for his position, he just lacks/lacked the effort and awareness/IQ on that end.

9. likestohypeguy

Wait how is that possible? I don't doubt you know it, apparently you have that stat, but I thought , assumed I guess LeBron has had multiple high scoring triple doubled. Much less 27/7/7?!

Crazy.

10. omgTHEpotential

He meant LeBron doesn't have a game with exactly 27/7/7, lol.

11. likestohypeguy

Haha okay that's a much lower bar... but even that surprises me.

12. omgTHEpotential

LeBron dropped 39/16/12 with 4 steals and a block on Luka's team, and got the win as well.

daywalker02 likes this.
  13. likestohypeguy

Yeah I think hes had 40 or 50 point triple doubles in the past, or maybe I'm confusing with Harden

But we're doing exactas,can keep whittling down, specify 27-7-7-3-2, on a tuesday night nationally televised game (since jordan)
    Like ESPN always does, twists stats until a new one is relevant.

omgTHEpotential likes this.
  14. MystikArkitect

I still cant believe he didn't go #1.

BaselineFade and TheRealAllpro like this.
  15. omgTHEpotential

He would have, if he went to college. Probably would have averaged 35/10/10 vs NCAA competition.

buffalobills!!! likes this.
  16. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Barring injuries, the MVP roulette wheel will land on Luka in 2022. Bank on it.

17. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

I never said Luka is as good on defense as LeBron. I just said he isn't "infinitely" worse.

I've seen people on twitter saying Luka is not a 1st round pick.
    A BSOTS writer recently stated in an article that Rubio is best Suns' PG since Nash (Goran was All-NBA and MIP with Suns...)
    A Miami Heat's color commentator said in an interview, where they debated if whether Goran or Winslow should start and host asked him "What has Winslow done to deserve starting spot", he answered "What has Goran done??" (All-star berth with team he is covering is obviosly "nothing").

Those are just off the top of my head and only about Goran and Luka, because I follow them closely.

I'll say this: People on Clutcfans are on average less biased then some other teams' fans. That's why I like it here. But in general, man...rose-coloured glasses everywhere I look.

MorningZippo likes this.
  18. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Luka is a fantastic phenom who will very likely win or be in discussion for multiple MVPs, but many aspects of LeBron's indomitable game is aided by his athleticism and physical prowess. Like, Shaq, Wilt, MJ, KD, Rose, Westbrook, and many others.

19. buffalobills!!!

Stupid Hawks. Such an awful trade

20. xaos

xaos Member

What the hell are you talking about