1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is LeBron coming too?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dicksont, Jul 15, 2017.

1. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

He has helped build the roster that he's now so unhappy with. He has complained non-stop since getting there about not having enough help despite being on a "super-team." He complained when management was hesitant to give huge deals to Tristan Thompson and JR Smith and now he complains that those contract prevent them from getting him another star player.

If he comes to Houston it will be because he sees a team with 3 stars already on it and he'll know he can just hop on and potentially get a title fast. He really doesn't care about the organization being good or bad. History has shown us with him that he expects the organization to cater to him. Honestly I can see it being a reason he WON'T come here.

2. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Point is, the opposite could just as easily become true, so why focus on the negatives? Rockets fans have always (erroneously IMO) complained about being spurned by stars. Honestly, we should all be embracing the fact that our team is now in a position where superstars are actively seeking us out.

BigggReddd and D-rock like this.
  3. RockWest

RockWest Contributing Member

If given your talent you have 40% chance to win a game against Warriors, your chance of winning a 7 game series is way lower than 40%. How many more good years do you think Harden and CP3 can have together? Morey didn't set out to build a team that will finish second or third. Next generation won't even remember Mailman and Stockton because they never had enough to beat the bulls.

Jontro and D-rock like this.
  4. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

Refer to justtxyank's posts ^

5. RockWest

Ask Cavs fans if they prefer Championships or lotteries.

6. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

What's the deal man? Who said anything about the lottery? I think we're gonna win the championship this year without Lebron. Hopefully you won't be too upset

7. RockWest

Why would I be upset? I'd be very happy. My point is GSw is an all time great team, our team needs all the help they can get to complete.
    I think you are in the minority to think we will win this year with this team as is. And I think it's unrealistic. I am not satisfied with our chances yet, looks like you are satisfied?

BigggReddd likes this.
  8. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Delusional. We need LeBron/Mega-star like AD before we can beat GSW and that's fact

#168 BigggReddd, Jul 27, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2017
    FTW Rockets FTW likes this.
  9. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

I think if we get Melo we're in the mix. And if we win everyone is happy. Like I said, refer to justty's posts because I agree verbatim. If that's not good enough I've got nothing left to say. Love all you guys; hope you can see where I'm coming from

10. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

Tip jar bet. If we get Melo this summer we'll beat golden state. If not, I'll donate $50 to the jar..will post pics as proof

11. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

But hey I'd warmly welcome AD

12. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

I'll take that bet for sure. Paging @Clutch, mark this down. If we win the chip next year, I'll donate $50 to the tip jar. If we don't, he pays $50.

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  13. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

That is ONLY if we get Melo, too. I firmly believe it doesn't matter this year if we ger Melo. It's only important to get him because LeBron will follow

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  14. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

I understand it sounds bad betting against your team, but I stand by my views firmly enough to bet money on it. The topics I am that sure of about are, usually, the only topics I argue about.

Rockets will win the 2018-2019 NBA Championship with LeBron James. Just not next year.

15. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Betonline.com started taking bets today on where LBJ plays his first game in 2018-2019. Check this out.

Cavs: +250
    Lakers: +275
    Celtics: +700
    Rockets: +1,000
    Spurs: +1,000
    Wolves: +1,400
    Sixers: +1,600

(Stolen from some Boston fan)

16. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

At least if you lose the bet you'll be in a good mood because the Rockets won!

BigggReddd likes this.
  17. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Damn straight, I'll gladly eat crow