1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Jeremy fairly/unfairly being treated as the scapegoat?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Lucky Charm, Nov 8, 2013.

1. Lucky Charm

Lucky Charm Member

Do guys think Jeremy is being unfairly treated as the spacegoat for the team's mistakes?
    Or is it pretty fair and my LOF glasses prevent me from seeing it?
    I think Jeremy's been playing great so far this season. [​IMG]

Observation by our very own mrm32 from today's game
    After he gave the team a nice spark, he's still not allowed to miss a shot without getting crapped on apparently..
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>James Harden just lit into Jeremy Lin for his last shot. Beverly and McHale had to signal to him to calm down.</p>&mdash; Yannis Koutroupis (@YannisHW) <a href="https://twitter.com/YannisHW/statuses/398682119511097345">November 8, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

And from those that missed or dismissed it before maybe now we can assume there really was some truth to this comment:

(This was originally posted on the Rockets FB by someone that apparently attended the Clippers game):
    "Wanted to post my observations from the game last night but will lead the analysis to the pros on the site. My sister and I sat right behind Rockets bench which was great but we had 5 or 6 hecklers sitting right beside us that were super annoying. They were talking trash and screaming literally the whole game. I want to punch them in the face First, Jeremy looked good during warmups. He was making a lot of his jump shots. Not sure if they showed this on TV but Parsons, Harden and Lin have a new pre game ritual. Harden and Parsons facing each other with Lin facing away from them. Harden brushes Parsons hair, Parsons brushes Harden's beard. They do a couple other things that I missed then at the last second Jeremy turns around and they all bow towards each other.

First half was really hard to watch. Looks like dwight and Harden were super lazy on defense. Dwight constantly looks to throw outlet pass to Harden or Parsons. Jeremy was getting really frustrated. There was a play where Coach Mchale was yelling at Jeremy to run a certain play (Index finger and pinky finger raised). Looks like this is a type of "horns" play where they set double screens for Jeremy at the top of the key (one pick on each side). Jeremy calls the play, Harden gets the ball and goes iso and misses.

Mchale then calls time out and yells at Jeremy. Jeremy yells at Mchale back. I heard Jeremy say something like, "I AM trying to run the play." Mchale then yells at Harden and Harden just walks away from him. Mchale then looks at Jeremy and shrugs his shoulders kind of like, "there's nothing i can do."

Jeremy reall looks like he is not having a good time playing. He was constantly being yelled at by Dwight and Parsons between plays. To be honest, I really don't know why they were yelling at him. There were couple time where Jeremy wasn't even involved in the play. In 4th quarter, Jeremy checks in at 8 minute mark on his own. He looked at Mchale while walking to check in kind of like asking "I'm checking in right now right." Made me think maybe they have set times they check in? At the end of the 4th, AB was set to check in for JEremy during garbage time. Jeremy was playing well. I saw AB walk back to the bench on his own and heard him say to Mchale, "Jeremy's doing his thing. Just let him play."

This was echoed by a Clippers fan on reddit

HILARIOUS! i know the guys that were heckling dwight and harden. they are season ticket holders and die hard clips fans, and actually got yelled at by both rockets towards the end of the game.

the assessment about Lin is completely correct. It's crazy how other teams attack him. and it's even worse that the rockets players don't stand up for him. he was bullied by the clips and was OPENLY yelled at by several rockets players for things that weren't even his fault. CP3 would abuse whichever rocket was guarding him, but somehow whenever Lin got scored on he was given crap.

the part about Harden is completely true too. he openly broke plays and went iso. he turned it into a d measuring contest for some reason, when Omri was making everything. no way the team will contend, they are in line for a self destruct IMO.

2. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Only if he is traded.

3. skyline07

skyline07 Member

Just trade him...and take the LOFs with him please

1 person likes this.
  4. roxxy

roxxy Member

This is becoming a little bit to much.

5. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

I feel its almost a guarantee that Lin and/or Asik will be traded at this point.

6. kaocsaephan

kaocsaephan Member

Lin is definitely a scape goat, but his fans need to grow up or go. they all seem to have their feelings hurt on a personal level anytime anything is said about jeremy, and i'm a fan of his (i think jlin is way better than beverley)

basically, get a life people. the guy is an adult, he can take care of his situation

7. JurisDoctorate

Just trade him already. Feel bad for the kid.

8. RoxDC

RoxDC Member

I think they basically both have to be traded together at this point to get anything back. Will lose the trade overall, but the team might mesh better.

9. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Lin is the easy target. He's different because he's Asian and he isn't vocal enough. Players think they can yell at him and he will just take it without standing up for himself.

10. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Lin is a good scorer. Poor defender and a turnover king.

11. Reach

Reach Member

Once Lin is settled upon as the scapegoat, he will remain the scapegoat for the rest of the season at least. I give LOF's a ton of crap, but I feel bad for the guy.

12. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Rookie

Lin is the true face of the Rockets, but with all the blame and none of the glory. The billboards may show Howard, but his underachieving ass doesn't get the same degree of scrutiny that Lin does.

13. kaocsaephan

kaocsaephan Member

he doesn't need you to feel bad for him, and i hope you don't think people are saying "oooh, poor lin. the though tof him leaving the rockets is breaking my heart". grow up man

14. dexkk

dexkk Member

+1 Trade him already. Both Lin and Rockets deserve better.

15. cloud9

cloud9 Member

It doesn't seem like McHale/Morey want to trade him. Otherwise they'd be showcasing him to start... :p

16. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

This is not helping.

Stop fueling the fire.

17. jocar

jocar Member

+1. Sick of this ****.

18. dxdx

dxdx Member

too much realism here, you're spoiling their fantasy

1 person likes this.
  19. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Are you serious? Dwight is the most scrutinized player in the NBA today and it's not close.

20. Reach

Reach Member

Just no.

1 person likes this.