1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is it time to get rid of Royce White?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ScolaIsBallin, Nov 13, 2012.

?

Should we get rid of White?

1. Get rid of him

140 vote(s)
    45.3%
  2. Keep him

32 vote(s)
    10.4%
  3. Give him more time

137 vote(s)
    44.3%
  1. ScolaIsBallin

ScolaIsBallin Member

Royce White has been a dissapointment and his behavior is inexcusable. His mental illness does not explain him ignoring his teammates (reportedly), skipping practice and skipping games. He is obviously only in this for himself and not looking at it as a team. I supported him greatly at the beginning, but with the recent developments I am now on the side of getting rid of him, whatever way possible. I don't think we could get anything for him in a trade. If he continues this we could just release him. The question is, has he already burned his bridges and is it time for him to go now?

2. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Nobody would want him. Stock way too low.

3. cheke64

cheke64 Member

What a waste of a pick. A damn shame.

4. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

5. rawool

rawool Member

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  6. Raven

Raven Member

If you were making a list of the ten least desirable assets in the NBA, the only reason he wouldn't be on it is that there are some pretty bad contracts still floating around.

A better question is whether or not Royce White is a waste of a first round pick, and the answer is obviously yes. Unless we get a turnaround worthy of an Oprah Winfrey special, White is going down as the biggest bust of the 2012 draft.

7. jank1434

jank1434 Contributing Member

I'd say keep him because the Rockets cannot get anything for him at the moment. He's a worthless piece of crap, but he's our worthless piece of crap.

1 person likes this.
  8. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

I loathe this asshat.

9. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

whats the difference between keep him and give him more time? :confused:

10. CCorn

CCorn Member

How nice is his bus? Perhaps that has some value.

1 person likes this.
  11. ScolaIsBallin

ScolaIsBallin Member

Give him more time = wait for some more time and if he continues what he's doing now THEN get rid of him. if he turns it around then keep him. it basically means you think he has potential to turn it around

12. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

And keeping him means what? He stays here for life?

13. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

from the Chron article which quoted Morris

“None of us have seen Royce. He didn’t come to the game and missed three or four practices. We haven’t seen him. I text him all the time, make sure he’s doing fine, but he hasn’t texted back.”

14. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

polling on this issue could be a self-fulfilling prophesy. I wonder how much of this stuff he reads. Like the organization, we all have a stake in seeing him succeed. I'm gonna try and limit registering my disgust on the issue publicly starting now.

15. jbasket

jbasket Member

It is a first round pick in a deep draft on a guaranteed contract IIRC. We will keep him; it is only the beginning of the season. Patience is a virtue and this kid has talent. We are only 7 games into the season, still many more to play. It is a long season and still has many chances to rebound.

16. linvetb6

linvetb6 Member

This is the only option

17. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I'm glad its a decision that I don't have to make. Certainly you keep the guy for the season even if it means down in the D-League unless someone makes you an offer for him you cant refuse. At the very least he is salary to add into a trade if need be. I hope Royce gets healthy and makes the adjustment to the team at some point.

18. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Redundant thread.

19. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

Ugh, I don't know whats going on anymore. I feel like he's being rebellious, maybe because of coaching staff, not really sure. I think he should be more mature about it and just show up to practice, work hard, and earn a spot in the rotation.

Im pretty sure he's a little angry he's not given any chance to play but by not showing up to practice and games doesn't make it better. White is a good player and I wonder if Houston interviewed White before drafting him. But I hope all of this is resolve soon. Hopefully they can work something out or trade White for some type of value back. I really feel like the Rockets shouldn't have drafted 2 forwards that basically plays the same position and have them buried on the bench.

20. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

I think he probably feels like there's no point in going to the game and dealing with his anxiety if he doesn't even get in the game.

Either that or the NBA lifestyle is too much for him to handle at this point. I remember in the first game Royce was in the lockeroom and said there was a lot of people in there (which was affecting him).