1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is it ok to pack a bottle of liquor on an International flight?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Win, Jun 21, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Win

Win Contributing Member

I know we have a lot of frequent flyers here. It's been a while since I made an international flight. Is it ok to pack a bottle of Vodka in my stow away luggage? I may need some for those "smug Canadians" :cool:

2. Jontro

Jontro Member

Are you planning on going to Malaysia and/or any of the Arab countries?

3. slowmustang

slowmustang Member

They won't let you bring liquids on your carry on.

4. platypus

platypus Member

Not unless you buy it from a Duty Free shop.

5. Win

Win Contributing Member

So, I can't put it in my luggage that I don't carry on? I used to be able to do that, but know things have really changed. I'm flying to Calgary Canada.

6. BleedsRocketRed

You can put it in a checked bag, just not a carry on. Also, certain countries do not allow or have limitations on the importation of alcohol so I would check that. Just make sure you pack it well cause ground handlers throw those bags around recklessly. So if it bursts, your luggage will be either ruined or the bag will be removed.

I work for United if that helps.

1 person likes this.
  7. YallMean

YallMean Member

It must be a real good bottle of Vodka or you are going to South Pole or Syria. Am I right?

8. Win

Win Contributing Member

Thanks, amigo - Rep.

9. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

This. It's a crap shoot whether the airline has automatic bag loaders or jackoffs who throw your luggage around like it's a garbage bag.

I've checked in liquor before, but I wrap it around with loads of clothes and nothing too tight.

10. roflmcwaffles

roflmcwaffles Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ZOh_rvXP_VY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

11. BleedsRocketRed

No prob man. Me and my dad would always bring bottles of Jack, Jim, 1800, Patron...etc over to Poland (where my family is from) as gifts cause its a ultra premium liquor to have over there. (and we would bring back Vodka home) We usually wrapped it up in one layer of small bubble wrap (from walmart or something), then clothes and put it in the center with clothes above and below it for padding. Usually never was a problem.