1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is it me, or has the Toyota Center been ROCKIN lately

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by GoRox2013, Mar 10, 2014.

1. pwnyxpress

pwnyxpress Contributing Member

Corp-owned lower bowl seats. They buy them for entertaining clients and couldn't really care less about whether they get filled or not, which annoys me quite a bit.

My firm 'owns' a luxury suite w/ 12 accompanying lower bowl tickets, but if there are not suitable clients to take, no one takes them. It's not like they offer up those free spots to the rest of us T-T

So sad. I got to go once and it was amazing...but rarely (if ever again) see the opportunity for them to go to non-client situations. Unclear if we just pay for them to remain empty or what...

2. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

well last few games were on national tv and started a little later than its 7pm usual time
    this give people more time to have dinner and go to the game

3. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Contributing Member

Rodeo going on...Rockets fans supporting big.

And props to the dude sitting courtside vs. the Blazers pointing to ref saying "refs you suck" that was awesome!

1 person likes this.
  4. pippsux

pippsux Member

Bout time home fans appreciate this team. If I was living in htown I wouldn't miss a game and I would scream till my voice was gone

5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

It's picked up quite a bit but still several notches below 22 game win streak levels of insanity. Or Lakers/Rockets 7 game series from a few years back.

6. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

They've been buying tickets*

Showing up is another matter. The tickets in the lower bowl are sold and reported as such, but watching on TV makes it clear that the reported attendance number is not accurate most of the time.

7. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Guys it's obviously because i showed up :)

But really it has been enjoyable lately, even watching from home you can tell. Very nice indeed.

8. JonRetro

JonRetro Contributing Member

I was lucky enough to get lowerbowl seats to both Pacers and Blazers game.. man to say the least I had an amazing weekend!! The crowd and the games were incredible.. and it also helps to see Harden go apeshiet on the teams :D

9. rlivz

rlivz Contributing Member

I think a lot of the people who complain about the crowd don't realize how long of a season it is. 41 home games, if you have season tickets that's a whole lot of hollering and cheering if you're doing it as much as some people here want every fan in the building to do.

During a big game it's easy to get light-headed and hoarse, and you'll feel it the next morning. Season-ticket holders don't want to feel that 41 times a year. Neither do the business clients, which is the reality of most of the NBA lower bowl clientele.

It's easy to sit at home and say "I'm a superfan, I would be cheering loud when these suits in the lower bowl aren't"... but until you actually do it, it's just talk.

The fact is, it's seriously nothing to worry about. The playoffs last year were insane. This past week has been insane, because the team is playing out of their mind against good teams. We'll be fine this season in the playoffs, too.

10. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Have season tickets. I'm feeling the burn out.
    I'm saving my self for the playoffs.

11. westcoastin

westcoastin Member

I've noticed this too as of late. The crowd seems more engaged and louder than usual.

12. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

lot of corporate seats. people don't show up.

13. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

The last 3 games have brought back flashes of The Summit in its heyday. I can't wait to see it bump in the playoffs.

14. photojoe

photojoe Member

I was at the Miami game and thought that was one of the best crowds I've been a part of in a long time.

Then watching the game last night against Portland, it was noticably fuller and louder than games on tv have been...maybe ever? I was out of town all weekend so I wasn't able to go, but just watching it on tv it looked crazy and I wish that I was able to be there. Except if I was there I wouldn't have been able to see the guy wearing the old-school Clyde Drexler jersey yelling 'Ref you suck!' on the front row right in the ref's face. And that was just pure gold.

15. Jimes

Jimes Member

At the game last night. I actually think the crowd was just ok most of the game until Harden hit that 3 to bring us within 4. After he hit that, he was gesturing to the crowd to pump it up. Harden does a great job getting the crowd into it both with his plays and his cheerleading afterwards.

From that point on, it was crazy.

But there is still a lot of room for improvement as it's still the players who had to ignite the crowd instead of the other way around.

16. Gertso

Gertso Member

I was there last night it was nuts in the 4th.

17. Houston288South

That guy was AWESOME!! Someone needs to buy him a beer! Special shout out to him!

18. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

This right here. People can feel it in the air that we have a championship team forming and a bonafide clutch superstar in James Harden.

Normally down 15 the crowd would be dead until we had it tied but every time they chipped into that lead the crowd was going crazy. Like other people have said I haven't seen it this crazy since the championship years.

It'shappening.gif

19. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

It sounded like Golden State's crowd. Crazy.

20. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

Only eight games, but they get attention year round. Even after having one of the most embarrassing seasons in NFL history. Yet while the Rockets are having a special year, Houston talk radio spends more talking about the Rice Owls than they do us. Smh. Hopefully these new crowds is in indicator that the Rockets are generating interest