1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is it impossible to rip Redbox DVDs??

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ToyCen428, Aug 20, 2008.

Tags:
  1. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Can we get back to illegally backing up our REDBOX's DVDs, fellas? :D

2. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

If you've got a MAC, it's pretty simple.

www.mactheripper.org

There are also programs from a company called "imtoo" that will copy versions of your DVD onto an iPod or other device. These run on Windows. These are fairly mainstream and there are others like it. I am unsure of the legal status of saving a copy of your movie to an iPod type of device.

3. Landlord Landry

and sites like Oink.cd? also not in America. moot point.

google what? numbers.......no thanks. I'm not going to finish someone elses argument, no matter how ficticious it may be.

4. droxford

droxford Member

DVDXcopy went out of business because, in the lawsuit against them, the judge decided that the software was illegal because it was written with the specific intent of duplicating copyrighted disks.

Slysoft gets around this by splitting the software into two pieces:

AnyDVD sits in your system tray and, when you insert a copyrighted DVD, it makes the DVD available to any Windows application as a non-copyrighted disk. It doesn't duplicate.

CloneDVD, by itself, doesn't circumvent any copy protection. It just copies DVD's that look like they're not copyrighted. But when AnyDVD is running, the copyrighted DVD's that you insert appear to CloneDVD as non-copyrighted materials.

So, the software is legal for them to create and sell.

I answered it in my first post. Pay attention! :)

umm... okay. Go ahead and do it all you want. I really don't care.