1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

is it appropriate?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by the shark, Nov 15, 2013.

1. the shark

the shark Member

My wife took our 7 yr old to the doctor earlier this week. This is a new doctor that she's never been to before. He was recommended by our kids current DR for a rash that my daughter has.

Anyway my wife tells me that this DR asked her for her email address to stay in touch with her (see how my daughter is doing/answer questions etc). So my question is this. Is this appropriate? I've never heard of a DR doing this before. None of our other DR's have done this, and so again I ask is this appropriate? Would love to hear from any DR's as well.

I haven't even brought this up to my wife as I'm still working it through in my own mind. He has our telephone #, and thus shouldn't he contact us that way, or better yet have one of his assistants contact us as opposed to him?

I've been married to my wife for 14 yrs, and this has never happened before. To tell you the truth, I don't know who this DR is, and to tell you the truth, even if I did this isn't cool with me.

I've been married to my wife for 14 yrs and I trust her. However if this guy has another agenda and contacted her for personal reasons I also wonder if my wife would tell me as she knows it would upset me and she'd be afraid of what I would do.

I'm not some young insecure kid here. I'm 51 and I trust my wife and our relationship. I just don't think this is very professional of this DR. Am I out of line thinking this?

Thoughts?

2. baseballa56k

baseballa56k Member

How old is this DR? Either way I wouldn't worry about it she told you about the situation so that says A LOT about your wife.. If anything weird comes about from the emails then that's a different story.. Brush your shoulders off

3. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Google my friend. Ask around, also she told you right? So if something happens she will tell you.

Pics needed btw!!!

4. tim562

tim562 Contributing Member

Can he even discuss medical information about your daughter via email? Pretty sure that is a hippa violation.

5. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

Pics of the Dr and Wife.

Kthxbai

6. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

And to think that we complain about Drs giving sh!tty customer service vs other service industries.

Of course that's not wrong. My vet does that. My dentist calls me on the phone after a procedure to see if I need more pain killers. I've never once had a doctor do such things.

I can only wish my Dr would ask for my email address.

Don't be paranoid about this. This should be standard customer service expectations, just like when other face-to-face service rep asks you for email for feedback.

7. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Sounds like you're overreacting quite a bit. Some people prefer email communication to phone. I don't think it's odd at all that a doctor would.

In fact, my dad's doctor prefers emails to calls. He and my dad email each other every once in awhile. The doc responds to emails much more quickly than phone calls.

8. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

HIPAA allows email communication for treatment purposes between patients and other doctors.

9. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Answer to your question: "YES."

If he PROFESSIONALLY continues to have contact and the office of the doctor has your wife's email address, or both, there's no problem.

TIP:
    If you're still concerned, create a FAMILY email address in Yahoo! and give him that one. YOU and your wife can both see the messages or you can set up rules to copy his messages on to your personal one, but don't respond as yourself, only with that group one. :cool:

Also:
    ^^^ :eek: I agree with

[​IMG]

10. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Sounds like you're way overreacting and it also seems like you have some underlying issues with some insecurities that you say you don't have. If you trust her so much, what's exactly is the issue? This wouldn't bother me at all honestly and wife is ballz out easy on any mans eyes. I'm have zero jealousy inside of me so nothing spooks me. I actually like it when she gets stared at, flirted with, etc. Makes me feel pretty boss when I'm squeezing dat ass and t*tties when in bed.

I also believe in Karma, so there's that.

11. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Pics. :eek:

12. LonghornFan

Shut it, Ziggy.

13. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

are you guys seeing dr. love? if so i'd be concerned

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/IDTE8DpkKE4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  14. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Do you know any of his other patients? Ask them if he's asked for their email. If you don't know anyone else there, just have your wife casually mention it in the waiting room to another patient and check the response. Otherwise just calm down and be glad you have another means of contacting your kid's doctor.

15. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Relax brah, I also agree with the board, sounds like you have a good wife and a good doctor. Having said that, I wouldn't put a blind eye on anything, trusting and being vigilant go hand-in-hand, and trouble usually arises when you let one get ahead of the other!

(P.S) When I say, "trusting", I'm referring to your Doctor, as it's obvious that you already trust your wife...

16. LonghornFan

I would actually love it if I could email my DR. as she is impossible to get in touch with without an appt.

17. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Doesn't seem like a big deal to me

18. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Actually i email my doctor btw.

19. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

getting an email =

[​IMG]

20. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

Way overreaction, imo. I think it's cool to be able to email and receive email from your doctor. I'd rather do email interaction than take calls.