1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Is Gary Clark hurt ?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by snowconeman22, Dec 17, 2018.

1. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

It's rare that you see a player totally drop off the face of the earth . This dude was getting 20 mpg , playing good D , bringing good energy, not making too many rookie mistakes .....

And he has been totally take out of the rotation .

I know house is playing well , as is green ... but still ... you could find 10 minutes for the guy .

There is no reason (especially now that we are playing EG at the "3") that EG needs 37 mpg with his **** shooting . Hell , it would probably help him save his legs a bit if you cut his minutes .

I'm just sick of seeing MDA run guys into the ground . Harden is amazing but he will be dead by the ASB if we keep relying on him like this .

Every ****ing team in the NBA plays guys that aren't spectacular and they do it because it's a marathon not a sprint .

Last year MDA was willing to expand the rotation because we had GREAT role players .... that situation is so rare . If you give MDA a choice between playing 6 good guys and playing 6 good guys + 2 decent guys he will pick the first option every time.

When his back is against the wall MDA only knows how to shorten the rotation... and it's going to ****ing shorten my lifespan

2. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

His shot is more broken than Ball.

amaru likes this.
  3. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

If he can't make a shot, he can't play. It's that simple.

Even with Gordon being complete ass, at least he is a decent threat and still will drive to the basket and get to the free throw line. If Gary isn't shooting well, he is a negative. His defense isn't that good that you can ignore his offense.

Lawlruschang likes this.
  4. riko

riko Member

House is just a better all round player right now

Bo6, Caesar, ramotadab and 9 others like this.
  5. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I agree it's all about making shots .

But Clark was hot at the beginning of the year and then cooled off .

House is bricking now too . How much longer will MDA play him for .

My argument for Gordon is that he will shoot a lot better if you get him some rest .

Clark is a rookie . He would learn how to put the ball down and drive if guys run him off the line .

Clark isn't a player without flaws .... but having harden on the floor masks so many deficiencies.

6. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Gary must be pretty embarrassed being on all the post Melo promotional materials and getting no playing time.

RyanB, ramotadab, gotsis and 4 others like this.
  7. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

true

8. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

This

9. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Look I agree about house @arabrocket , @baller4life315 , and @riko .... but is it really as clear cut as it seems .

House was hot from 3 and has since cooled off .

House from 3 .... .286

Clark from 3 .... .263

House has been better at cutting from the line and in driving , but MDA hadn't made that adjustment when Clark was getting PT .

Clarks defense is probably around the same level as house .

With these complementary players .... how well they do is a function of how wel the main guys are playing .

Either way , it seems pretty close to me . My argument isn't that Clark should play over house ... its that Clark should play . Cut 10 min from Gordon , cut 5 minutes from PJ , cut 5 minutes from harden and Paul combined and give them to Gordon .

Keeps everyone fresher . Clark isn't going to cost us games .

Bo6, DreamShook, gotsis and 6 others like this.
  10. riko

riko Member

House attacks the rim non stop and is a really good perimeter and transition defender. He switches really well and in general he doesn’t look lost.even if his three is cooling down he does everything better then a raw project like Gary

11. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

I think Clark and Hartenstein will see time again as the season progresses. Coaching staff sees stuff in practice and knows more behind the locker room than we do right now. I suspect they're working on Clark's shot and Hartenstein's hands and seeing how they progress during practice sessions.

saleem and snowconeman22 like this.
  12. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Agreed on the attacking the rim aspect . But **** , earlier in the season Clark was playing like our best defender hahaha .

Once again , I'm not saying Clark should take houses minutes . Only , Clark should get a few minutes from Gordon and tucker .

Also , prospects get better the more you play them .

if he needs to improve then why is he not in the g-league per moreys MO ?

13. tc0330

tc0330 Member

at least he gotta free car

juanm34, amaru and RocketToVegas like this.
  14. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Spot on.

Also, I realize it’s a small sample size, but his +/-‘s have been outstanding throughout this winning streak. Simply put: he looks like he belongs out there. Let’s hope he can keep this up.

15. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

Why can't he play both? That's D'Antoni's problem. He can only play one rookie a game. If Clark is bricking and a negative on the court, then bench him. It's that simple. You could cut into some starter minutes, which the Rockets desperately need.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  16. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

doesnt have to be House or Clark...
    we're runnin 33 yo guys (PJ/CP3) for 35-39 mins a game...

snowconeman22 and J.R. like this.
  17. IslandB.O.I.

IslandB.O.I. Member

And a 3 year contract

18. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Agreed they are close to equal in some respects. House is more aggressive and fires up the team, which is an underrated necessity, especially with the slow start to the season. House is more of the Montrezl, Patrick Beverly school.

Mathloom likes this.
  19. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

I remember talk right before his last game that he had an ankle issue. He made a comment that he was going to play through it which he did but haven't seem him since really.

saleem and snowconeman22 like this.
  20. macan

macan Member

nah, he's just follows the Rockets traditions- got paid and stop playing

amaru likes this.