1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Clint Capela really the answer at the C position?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Snow Villiers, Oct 13, 2017.

?

Is Clint Capela really the answer at the C position?

1. Yes- Its just preseason

155 vote(s)
    71.1%
  2. No- Upgrade needed by the deadline

63 vote(s)
    28.9%
  1. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

True, I mean he's going to come asking for it. For some reason, people are high on this guy. Let's sell him.

SIL

fattz likes this.
  2. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

His defense obviously.

Harden DOES work great with Capela, and I haven't seen that type of chemistry replicated with anyone else we've had except perhaps a few games where Harrell clicked. Nene is great, but he can score for himself and does not play the PnR with Harden as well as Capela does.

3. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Clint really played well in the postseason , both defensively and in finishing strong .

He seems like a player that takes some time to round into form.

Let him get some chemistry with Chris anf lets see what happens.

4. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Cleverly disguised no thanks thread.

5. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

If Pellies suck at deadline, we need to trade Capela and assets for Cousins. We're going to have to overpay for Capela anyways when the time comes. Might as well do it for someone who is basically the most dominant center in the league without back problems.

Capela's defense is highly overrated and his offense is basically completely reliant on the PG. The media seems to be high the guy so it's best to trade him for a all-nba center if we're truly trying to "win now".

Our defense is actually fine this year with Tucker and Luc. What we need is rebounding a center who can shoot. DMC can do both.

Problem is Pellies will have to take back Anderson on an overpaid contract and we'll probably have to start Tucker at the 4.

6. Sanity2disChaos

That's why we have NeNe..... his minutes need to go up also.Nene should finish most games to. What does that tell you about Capela???????

SirIvyLeague likes this.
  7. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

This is a very good point. Our own team doesn't have faith in Capela, when it counts.

SIL

8. finsraider

finsraider Member

I think we can all kind of miss the point with Capela from time to time. I get that he's not an overpowering center that can take over a game. Honestly, I'm not sure he would have developed the way he has with almost any other franchise.

But what can he do? he can play against the Warriors. Hes like the prototype of the ideal center to match up with them. He can attack their lack of vertical defense and he has the feat and length to bother their wings and guards.

He is going to lose some matchups...just accept it. He's not a star, and his offense does depend on others. Sometimes he will look aloof and the limitations of his offensive game will convince you to give up on him. But don't...because you can play him against the Warriors.

skroodup25 likes this.
  9. samerth.is.so.b.f.g.

Capela is still developing but he's had some nice moments on both ends in the preseason. He had some nice drives and stuff like that. Some nice blocks. Looks good to me. I think cp3 and harden have enough bball IQ to find the right center/big men for Houston. They will recruit them and it will probably take some time for the roster to be complete. Like Kenneth Faried or something. Capela is still a really decent player imo and like the other guy said he is perfect for mda's scheme and against warriors/cavs.

10. OTMax

OTMax Member

We should put Mbah or Tucker in the starting line-up if people are worried about defense. With how Mbah is playing, I’d give him a shot. Money shouldn’t matter but I know it will on top of MDA’s love for offense.

D-rock likes this.
  11. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

It's not that Capella is a bad player. He has tons of potential but are we trying to win this year or later? We have two amazing superstars in Paul and Harden and an amazing 6th man in Eric Gordon. We are either all in now or we're going to work towards our future. If we want to win now, capella will not be our answer at C, unless we can really attain another Star in the front court with just trading Ryan Anderson. NeNe is great off the bench and he reminds me alot of what Mutumbo brought to the table but he is old and we have to limit his time until the playoffs.

D-rock likes this.
  12. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

no big 3 = no chance

chance = no guarantee

him and gordan are the last i'd trade to get a big 3.

13. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

you know we were +16 in capela's minutes right?

He's not great, but we weren't suffering when he was on the court.

14. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

For the most part I agree with this and I think Capela fits just fine for how we’re built. I do see the problem more with his contract though. If he commands crazy money from a team with plenty of cap space to burn he no longer fits our team because of his contract. It’s the only reason why I’d entertain trading him this season. We’re just in the typical RFA dilemma with him.

Perhaps the better question is what kind of money does everyone think he’ll get offered next year?

snowconeman22 likes this.
  15. Jontro

Jontro Member

no, because melo.

melo has always been the answer to our C

16. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Hopefully the Pelicans suck again.

We need to flip Capela for Cousins.

17. illwil29

illwil29 Member

Young Nipsy Russell

18. rocketseagles07

I can already tell this is gonna be the year of blaming Capela and Anderson for every single thing that goes wrong. Rotations were terrible and the spurs ball movement killed us AS USUAL.

Rudy Gobert couldn't have cleaned that up

19. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Good thing Rockets Legend Josh Smith is making a comeback.

20. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

That and Harden was the human turnover machine.