1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Carmelo's lackadaisical attitude already tearing our chemistry apart?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by snowconeman22, Oct 17, 2018.

1. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Obviously this thread is in jest.

I liked seeing Paul get pissed at the end. I liked seeing Tucker get pissed in the 4th. I didn't like that that energy wasn't there earlier.

We aren't GS , we don't have the talent to BS our way through games and then start jacking up ( and making 3's).

We played a bad half of Defense and then an OK half of defense ... the problem was that the Pelicans made tough shots on our OK D..... and we missed wide open ones.

We dictated the game for maybe a total of a quarter.

We have to come out with the intention to enforce our will on other teams and ****ing break them.

Sure, we need to figure things out. There are chemistry questions we will have to adjust to and solve. But, thats no reason to take a laid back stance towards the season " Ah, its 82 games... we will figure it out ... " etc

We were in the position we were last year because of our mental toughness. We were mentally stronger than GS, and thats why we had a shot. We worked on our intensity all year.

I dont like the tone shift. Its on CP3 , Tucker, James, and CLINT ... to hold themselves and everyone accountable. Its on the coaching staff too .. this might be where we miss Bzdelik. Maybe he can coach over Skype.

I thought James brought it. PJ brought it. Clint... jesus man , change your ****ing hair ... because you laid an egg. And CP3 only woke up towards the end ... i guess it took some time for those old legs to kick into gear.

Every game is a fight . I think we got a little cocky and forgot that.

Also Melo and Eric, please make some 3's.

D-rock, topfive, BaselineFade and 5 others like this.
  2. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

wow, 1 view in 20 minutes .... This title musta triggered some people.

3. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

Doubt he has a lackadaisical attitude. Melo did get a tech.

don grahamleone likes this.
  4. cheke64

cheke64 Member

The OG lackadaisical attitude is Harden

bmelo, Emtenndo, ilovehtownbb and 2 others like this.
  5. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

He needs to try on defense. Moving out the way instead of contesting a layup is unacceptable.

6. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

This struggle is a team thing. MCW looked bad, GG looked bad, Paul looked bad, Melo looked bad on defense, Ennis looked like the wrong guy... we've got a lot to figure out if we're going to do this.

Roomba and BaselineFade like this.
  7. Sidarma

Sidarma Member

Oh no the sky is falling down after one game !!!
    1st game jitters.
    Players fitting with new team new system.

8. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

No jest about it, he's already killing the team spirit. Harden was thinking about motorboating some butter cheeks by the middle of the 3rd quarter.

PJ as usual the only one who is worth anything to the integrity of the defense, but even he is only 1-5.

MCW will be for the Rockets what Shaun Livingston is/has been for the Warriors. It is only a matter of time. It will take time.

But Melo, he cannot be saved. He has to die with his dignity in tact. He must be gone and sooner rather than later.

The ship has already sailed.

tinman and Zboy like this.
  9. bj3175

bj3175 Member

Amen

snowconeman22 likes this.
  10. BackdoorHarden

11. HoustonCRT

HoustonCRT Member

Capela really disappointed me tonight after the playoffs he had.

18pbr and snowconeman22 like this.
  12. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

He didn't go up against (superstar) Anthony Davis in the playoffs.

13. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Contributing Member

I was hoping Capela would take another step forward this season, and maybe he will, but this game indicates he's still completely helpless against bigger, stronger guys.

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

15. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

"J.R." appeared at the end of almost every thread when I entered this thread. Is it gonna be Justin Timberlake each time? Let me go check!