1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Capela gone before the season?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bleedroxred79, May 14, 2019.

?

Is Capela gone before the season starts?

1. Yes

36 vote(s)
    42.9%
  2. No

48 vote(s)
    57.1%
  1. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

On the game 6 podcast, Clutch threw DJ out there for our full MLE if we were to move CC. Don’t believe he said it was based on anything he heard, just an idea.

2. dmoneybangbang

That’s been the theme of the rockets vs GSW series in the Curry era which coincides with having to overcome the best team ever.

It’s not really amusing at this point if you are rockets fan.

3. Rockets1897

Rockets1897 Member

Also since Capela ‘bulked up’ he lost the ability to stay with guards but still too soft to battle Draymond. Dude just doesn’t have the motor and stamina. And no we don’t need Capela to beat the other 29 teams we will be fine with another center. We just need to get better at the forward spots. Ariza wasn’t even that good he just gave us more size and length.

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

See you in the GOT threads.

cebu likes this.
  5. topfive

topfive CF OG

Full MLE isn't a dirt-cheap contract for DJ at this point. as non-taxpayers, we could give him a bit over $9M. Although he made $23M last year, he's not getting that much again ever. So if his best offer is $10M or $11M, hometown $9M isn't horrible. If he gets an offer of $15M or more, he'd be stupid not to take it.

6. SemisolidSnake

No, but in an ideal world, he would be. He's shown everything we need to see at this point.

7. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

I would love to get AD, but the Pels can get better offers. But man, if we got him somehow, we would OBLITERATE the rest of the league... Harden and AD on that Pick & Pop or Roll would be unstoppable. His addition would also amp the D to another level. AND likely extend CP3's career bc it would make his job that much easier...

8. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

He's a very good C, but it's going to be very difficult for the front office to resist the urge to package him for a better piece because they now know how useful it is to have a 3pt shooting C.

9. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

if we trade capela its for an Allstar. I don't see any available that also would need a center. he also doesn't make enough to trade for an Allstar and with Shumpert's contract expiring we will only have ego, and tucker as possible contracts to add to that package. if 2 or 3 of them are in the package, that better be one hell of a player in return, like Davis, Lebron, Kawhi, butler, beal, etc... I just don't see those teams going for that.

10. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

I’m totally on board with a DJ-signing & Capela trade for a big time wing. I just thing we need to be grounding ourselves in reality - we aren’t getting a Bradley Beal-caliber player. No way we’ll get AD. I could maybe see like Gordon Hayward (not sure financially??), possibly a S&T for an Aldridge. Both types of moves make us better and I’m sure Morey would be interested in both. My perfect candidate is Al Horford but I just don’t see him as having a realistic price tag.

Long story short: No, I don’t see Capela back here. Too many ways to improve the team overall leveraging Capela.

New motto: #allin. Let’s get it.