1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Bret Michaels a robot ?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by KingCheetah, May 21, 2010.

1. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I think he needs to loosen up that bandana.
    _______

Bret Michaels back in hospital with warning stroke, hole in heart

Poison frontman Bret Michaels was re-hospitalized Thursday with a hole in his heart just days after being released from intensive care with a brain hemorrhage, TMZ reported.

Michaels, 47, was apparently suffering numbness on the left side of his body and went to get checked out. After a series of tests, doctors concluded that Michaels had suffered a Transient Ischemic Attack, or a warning stroke.

During testing, doctors also found a Patent Forum Ovale, commonly known as a hole in the heart.

Michaels is undergoing care at St. Joseph's Hospital's Barrow Neurological Institute in Phoenix, Arizona.

Michaels' physician, Joseph Zabramski, said the diagnosis was"devastating news to Bret and his family." Still, he said his condition is "operable and treatable."

It comes one day after he appeared on the “Oprah Winfrey Show” looking healthy and on his way to recovery.

Michaels has been fighting illness since he was admitted to hospital with a brain hemorrhage on April 21.

In an interview with Rolling Stone magazine he admitted he was channel surfing between "Busty Cops 3" and sports when he was hit with the life-threatening hemorrhage and spent two weeks in an Arizona hospital.

"I was going back and forth from SportsCenter to Busty Cops 3," Michaels, 47, said.

Michaels' rep Janna Elias said on his website, "Even though these last few months have been tough on him and his family, especially this most recent setback, he is in good spirits, great medical hands and is positive and hopeful that everything is going to be OK. He is up, walking, talking, continuing his daily rehab and very happy to be alive."

He was to appear on the May 23 season finale of NBC's "Celebrity Apprentice," where he's competing for the title and a US$250,000 prize for his charity, the American Diabetes Association. He was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes as a child.

He was also expected to return to the stage with a show on May 28 at the Hard Rock in Biloxi, Miss., followed by a tour with Lynyrd Skynyrd kicking off June 10 in West Palm Beach, Florida.

link

2. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Bret Michaels! coooooool.

I always play his song on Heroin Hero.

3. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

hole in the heart...blame cindy lauper and/or bon jovi

4. KingCheetah

I hope it wasn't all the Poison.

5. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

There's a hole in my heart
    That can only be filled by you
    And this hole in my heart
    Can't be filled with the things I do

-Extreme (yeah, not Bret Michael's band but close enough)

On a serious note (can I say that in here?) this exact same thing happened to my brother a few months back. Mini-stroke that was misdiagnosed three times then another mini-stroke and then after three days in the hospital it was suggested he might have a hole in his heart. After more tests and and a few weeks they found it.

6. KingCheetah

Hey Bret this is God at Jiffy Lube - in addition to giving you diabetes, an appendicitis, an aneurysm, and a hole in your heart -- we went ahead and threw in a warning stroke free of charge.

7. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

No can do. His wig would fall off.

How is this going to affect the Apprentice finale? It's supposed to be live on Sunday and he's in the final 2. :confused:

8. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

7 posts in and no comments on Busty Cops 3? This board is getting too tame.

9. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

sorry...i can't type fast with one hand.

10. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

I thought the bandanna was to hide baldness.

Busty Cops 3??? I'm afraid to Google at work.

11. YaosDirtyStache

Holy crap this guys body is seriously on the "trying to die" diet. This man probably Poisoned himself too much, or he has partaken in one too many UnSkinny Bops in his day.

TL:DR= Fat chicks kill.

12. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

KC, is the [space] then [question mark] intentional or is it just a habit ?

13. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Bret Michaels and Fergie have never been seen in the same room.

I'm just sayin'.

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  14. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

A Patent Forum Ovale actually isn't all that uncommon and many people are likely born with it without ever knowing. Typically they close on their own during early childhood. My newborn son actually has a PFO that is extremely small and has already gotten smaller - they probably wouldn't have even noticed it if he didn't also have a small PDA Patent Ductus Arteriosus, which is another kind of heart murmur. The PDA has actually already closed in my son (as they usually do), but it was apparently somewhat loud at first, so they did an echo, which led to the diagnosis of the PFO. Without the PDA, we may have never known about it. Still, doctors aren't too concerned in my case, as the PFO is very small and they expect it to be fully or almost fully closed on its own at his 4 month check-up.

But for some people, it does never close - still, there aren't usually a ton of complications , and it is, fairly easily, fixable.

Bret Michaels issues are certainly more about his lifestyle choices than anything.

15. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

I've seen 1 and 2. I didn't know there was a third. I'll have to check that out.

16. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Do I need to have seen the first two to enjoy the 3rd?

17. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

LMAO.

18. KingCheetah

19. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It helps to get the backstory before jumping right into the third part of the trilogy.
    There is this busty cop who has sex with a lot of perps and fellow cops.

20. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

The first thing I did was Google bc3 this morning after reading the post then realized I was at work. Then started playing Pacman.