1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

is anyone here actually looking forward to a lebron/kobe finals?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by thacabbage, May 24, 2009.

?

are you looking forward to a kobe/lebron finals?

1. yes. yes, i am.

58 vote(s)
    23.6%
  2. no. i hope it's not cavs/lakers

128 vote(s)
    52.0%
  3. i don't really care.

60 vote(s)
    24.4%
  1. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

skimming through alot of the threads in the dish, there seems to be a lot of penis envy around here with regard to the hype these two guys are getting. i really can't believe that i am in the minority here in anxiously awaiting a cavs/lakers finals, so i'll put it to vote.

i watch the game to see greatness and it can't get any better than this. i want to see these two destroy each other over a 7 game series.

the most interesting thing to me is that this would only be the 3rd time in the last 20 years that two tier 1 legends went head to head in the finals. there was michael/magic in '91, hakeem/shaq in '95 and in between you had matchups of lower tier legends meeting up and even some complete duds for a span of a few years.

i classify tier 1 legends as guys with a reasonable case to go down among the top 10-15 greatest ever so clyde, karl malone, kidd, iverson, ewing, garnett, etc etc all do not qualify. you could probably make the case for barkley/jordan in '93 to qualify as well but while i personally rank charles as the second greatest pf ever, i still don't feel right putting him in the same class as the others. it also wasn't a head to head.

lebron and kobe are two probable top 10 greats, in their prime, and considering the possibility that they will even guard each other for extended crucial periods, i absolutely cannot wait for this matchup.

2. Bamushake

Bamushake Member

I would love to see a Lakers/Cavs series as long as both teams earn their spots themselves not with the help of David stern

3. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Honestly, I really wouldn't care... but I've hopped back on Kobe again. I'm going for the Lakers to win it all. I don't want Cleveland, Orlando, or Denver to get their first chip.

4. Jackie1221

Jackie1221 Member

I'm a fan of basketball. Sure i wish the Rockets were playing.

and then there would be no more b****ing at the refs, b/c its Kobe Vs. Lebron

5. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

As a basketball fan, I would welcome a Kobe-Lebron finals matchup.

It's just the TV/ESPN/Gatorade hype that makes me wish at times that neither made it that far.

6. Jackie1221

Jackie1221 Member

agree on that

7. Artesticles

Artesticles Member

If it doesn't involve the Rockets, I couldn't care less.

^ note how I used the proper grammar there :D

8. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I'd love to see it, but the main thing I want to see is the Lakers losing in whatever way hurts them the most.

9. rocketsregle

rocketsregle Contributing Member

I rather see a Magic/Lakers finals. I think it would be a better series. I just don't see the Cavs having enough offense outside of Lebron to beat the Lakers.

10. Shaud

Shaud Member

Wtf penis envy?

11. Nelly

Nelly Contributing Member

As long as Kobe doesn't win it.

12. Christopher

Christopher Member

I think its a matchup any basketball fan would love to see.

Having said that, the Rocket fan in my is cheering for the Nuggets and even the Magic to beat the favorites in the WC Finals!

13. wireonfire

wireonfire Contributing Member

But I think they will. Lebron's supporting cast suck.

14. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

yeah, I resent that. cabbage is a poster I respect a lot. But using that to generalize an opinion he doesn't agree is bush league.

As for the question itself, I see why people want to see a Kobe-LeBron match. As a basketball fan, I do too. But as a human being, I just can't help but root for the underdog and want the hype machine to fail.

15. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

Wait, how is a prime Drexler and Jordan not a legend head to head?

16. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

LeBron won't even make it to the Finals.. Kobe is likely to make it.

17. 1individual

1individual Member

I want Denver and Orlando in the finals. It would be cool. Kobe would leave LA, and Lebron would be in NY.

18. Jackie1221

Jackie1221 Member

both would come to houston!

19. Shaud

Shaud Member

I think I'm part of the "it doesn't matter crowd"

Part of me wants to see the Kobe/LeBron matchup.

Then the other part of me wants to see Orlando win because I want Skip to get a ring, and I like some players off Denver and don't like the Lakers.

At this point I don't care who is in the finals I just want to see some competitive games.

20. roslolian

roslolian Member

Yes. I don't really care whether the Lakers win it or not since we are eliminated, but somehow the thought of such a lousy team winning the championship is kinda' insulting. I mean, at least the Heat had Dwade and Shaq, the Cavaliers have Lebron and...Ben Wallace. Are you kidding me?! There's no doubt in my mind we could take on the Cavs in a 7 game series, mainly because apart from the King that team really sucks. Hopefully the Magic beat that team up :D