1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Anderson The New Asik?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by MystikArkitect, May 4, 2018.

1. topfive

topfive CF OG

If we're going to win a title this year, some of our bench guys are going to HAVE to step up. There's no way around that.

houston19519 likes this.
  2. mockster

mockster Member

I’d rather Joe Johnson be taking his minutes. At least JJ will give you 5-10 points, few assist and some defense

3. CCorn

CCorn Member

His body language doesn’t look bad, he’s just passive as hell. Hot potato Anderson

DreamShook and RudyT43 like this.
  4. BAHAMIANFAN

BAHAMIANFAN Contributing Member

I think his contract weighs on him everyday. Everyone knows he is one of the highest paid player on the team, himself included. This has given him added pressure to produce. He's our weakest link but pooping on him and sending him negative vibes will only hurt the team overall.

Need to run some plays for him early and hope he makes a few to get his confidence back.

5. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

thats what i've been wondering. the trade rumors turned him into a huge p***y? at 80 million dollars, i hope not, esp with 2 more years left.

6. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

You guys are obsessed with Ryan Anderson.

he plays 7 minutes a game.

7. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

:eek:

8. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I think he'd produce what he's always produced for this team if he was given back his starter role, and the large amount of shots he used to get.

The team just believes they are better with play PJ, Luc, Ariza, etc. more of his minutes.

What I don't understand is the use or lack thereof of Nene. No reason on earth that Ryno should be playing the 5. He should be a backup 4. Maybe get some stepback shots in the post with the second unit. NOLA used his this was as a scorer off the bench. No reason why the Rockets couldn't use him in this way. He's pretty much worthless now, but that's really more to do with other people being better options than it is with Ryno being a mental midget, or someone that lost talent.

MC31B and DreamShook like this.
  9. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

No confidence in his shot. He seriously makes threes and look to the Heavens and say "about time".

10. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

THANK you.

According to a recent article, he was all set to go to the Kings when the Rockets called, all hard up, with an offer. Maybe Sacramento's favorite son will take him on now?

Exactly. And while he's pointing to heaven and saying, "All praise to Jesus, thank you God for blessing my shot, and please bless James and CP3", the other team is sprinting past him to make up the points.

nomiz1987 likes this.
  11. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

His body language is terrible. The guy is depressed.

ReignSupreme likes this.
  12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Asik's contract must have been around 8-9 million a year.

Anderson's is twice as much and beyond.

#32 daywalker02, May 4, 2018
    Last edited: May 4, 2018
  13. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

20m, 7 mins a game

Reeko and ReignSupreme like this.
  14. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I don't care how much Anderson makes. I don't pay him. I just want him to play better and help the Rockets.

GG is playing like trash too and he's getting paid in McChicken sandwiches. I guess it's ok for GG to suck since his salary is only dollar menu items.

GermanRoxFan and houston19519 like this.
  15. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I actually noticed Anderson was engaged with the team on the bench, lots of clapping and cheering when the Rockets battled back in the third quarter.

I don't know how to explain his on-court shyness right now. He's such a big part of our team that even Clutchfans has written him off and moved all the way through the stages of denial.

16. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Kevin Love was looking just as bad as Ryno until the Cavs reinvented him last night.

Alex Burks couldn't find playing time vs Thunder because Quin was afraid the Thunder would take him to the woodshed
    and post him up with Adams or PG13 or Melo.

Now Burks can play vs Houston because he just has to defend spot shooters for the most part. Get Ryan to post up Burks. Burks is 0-4 from 3 this series but is getting points elsewhere.

17. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

LOL its not about the money

its a portion of the salary cap being wasted on him..

everynight we're like an 80M team going against a 100M team

18. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Yeah Anderson's confidence is shot right now. He could help himself though by doing some little things to give himself some "small wins" on the court. Stuff like getting rebounds and being active. Maybe some put backs. Just make himself feel better about his contributions on the court. Things will manifest from there.

If Anderson looks at his 3 point shooting as the be all/end all of his contributions, then he is putting too much of a burden on himself. He is afraid to fail.
    Just concentrate on the small stuff, feel good and let the shots fly.

19. HakeemOnlyFan

HakeemOnlyFan Member

He went from playing 20-30 mins a game, to losing his starting spot, gets injured, and is now lucky to get 7-10 mins on the floor. During that time he might get 2 open looks.

He's never been in such a reduced role, I don't think he's going to be able to contribute much at all if not given any minutes.

I know his deficiencies, believe me. But, this team's offense really hits another level when Anderson is able to contribute. In my opinion, he's kind of being dicked around, and should be given more minutes, especially on nights where no one can make a wide open look.

GermanRoxFan likes this.
  20. MC31B

MC31B Member

The year the Rockets signed him, everyone was giving out bloated contracts.

The problem is that Ryan knows that his stepback and turnaround dirk move doesn't fit into Moreyball. It would be great if he started doing EGO's pump fake and reset for a 3 move. He also started doing a little better during the end of the season when he actually started driving to the rim, but I think right now his conditioning is really off and he probably isn't as comfortable shooting with that weak ankle.

I know everyone on here doesn't like him but his game is really suited for the NBA of 5 years ago. He even said himself at the start of the season that his role was to just space the floor.

I think the answer is to start giving him some shots to get him into a rhythm but if we couldn't bring ourselves to do that in the regular season then it for sure isn't happening now. It's the Rockets fault for not utilizing their player. I would love to see him be the guy not named Chris Paul taking midrange shots when teams are pressuring the ball at the 3 point line.