1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ira Newble demands a trade from Cavs

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by hooroo, May 18, 2007.

1. hooroo

hooroo Member

Well, not really but I don't see him staying around much longer after calling out Lebron.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601039&refer=columnist_soshnick&sid=a_dZUn_IWXEk

2. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

I don't think Newble will get traded. Lebron will just stop passing him the ball.. that is all. Not like he gets big minutes anyways, so it won't matter if he's in there or not. Not really much Lebron can do to him anyways.. not after what Newble did to Dunleavy.

Btw Damon Jones is a douche.. another crappy one-move player. As a student there, I'm embarrassed that he's a product of UofH.

3. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

a) Terrible and misleading thread title.

b) You're really making too much of this.

4. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

Nowhere in the article did Newbile "call out" Lebron.

And give me a break. It's cool that Ira has gotten interested and seems to be taking steps to maybe achieve something one day, but so far all he's done is gotten most of his teammates to sign what is likely a worthless pettition. It's a fluff piece without the fluff.

5. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

Good for him, but just like Tiger Woods and Michael Jordan before him -- our biggest sports icons of the past decades -- he doesn't need to take a stance and alienate his corporate owners, errr, sponsors.

I can see Lebron's reluctance to do something like that, and he has every right to, it doesn't mean that he's a douche bag.

Good for you Ira, just try not to call out those who aren't as crazy about your cause...

6. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Thread title and the article itself are 'puff pieces' seeking attention by taking down Lebron. Good job for Ira, that is very commendable. He's a good hustle role player btw.

But I'm willing to bet most superstars who would have large endorsements at stake by signing this paper would not do it. It's an unfortunate part of life. But trying to cast LBJ as a villain when most top players would do the same is a bit unfair. Instead of focusing on the cause and Ira's notable contributions the writer spends half the time on Lebron to get his article more views.

7. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Thats where you lost me.

8. Hakeem06

Hakeem06 Member

I think it's great that Ira has found a serious cause to really get involved in and is trying to do something about it. It's admirable that a guy in his position is able to see the big picture of society and not get caught up in a materialistic, glamor life of professional sports.

But at the same point in time, the thread title is a flat out lie considering nowhere in the piece does it mention that Newble is asking to be traded.

And personally I think the piece is hack-job because it focuses too much on taking cheap shots at Lebron for not signing some sheet of paper after a short talk by a couple of individuals.

Instead of trying to demean Lebron throughout the piece it should have focused entirely on Newble. He's the story, not Lebron. The article would have been 20 times better if the writer didn't try make Lebron some type of villian and just focus on an NBA player doing a good thing for humanity.

9. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

well I admire Ira's efforts ....shame on lebron shame

10. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

WTF did you read?

11. hooroo

hooroo Member

I misread the not for and :eek: