1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ios game] Fallout Shelter

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Castor27, Jun 18, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

This game is addicting. You basically run an underground bunker in the Fallout universe. It's sims-esque. You have to meet basic needs for your dwellers. They can reproduce and explore the wasteland and they do different jobs in the bunker. There are weapons and clothes to collect and bad things that randomly happen in your shelter. You can purchase "lunchboxes" that will give you cards with different things but they can also be rewarded thru quests so you effectively do not have to spend any money to play. You can still be highly successful without paying. If you like these sort of games it is worth a look.

2. joesr

joesr Member

I like it. Havent bought any lunchboxes but the ones I got from rewards held nice stuff.

Had to restart after I left my explorers dies and raiders kept messing me up.

3. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

I restarted a couple of times but it was before I had really done anything. The key is to make your units in groups of 3. The upgrades are more efficient and power consumption is better. My boxes on my main game have held a couple of really good weapons so I keep one in reserve for raiders and send one out on explore. I am up to being able to explore for about 8 hours so you can really rake in stuff over that time. I have a bunch of lower tier weapons too, that help defend against roaches and attacks. In my secondary game I got 2 elite dwellers with jacked stats and pumped up outfits.

4. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

very addictive.

5. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I put 1 guy in a room with 3 females. Come back later, all 3 females prego.

1 person likes this.
  6. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

I appreciate that it seems the game doesn't try to force you to buy content to play. I bought a couple of lunch boxes though to support the quality of the game.

Lol

1 person likes this.
  7. joesr

joesr Member

Always keep about 2 guns available for radroaches. Quick equip on the peeps in that room.

I have my best gun guarding the door.

Send my random explorer with the second best gun and best outfit.

Totally liking this game.

8. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

Yep I have a Good stash of high end weapons. It's odd I have gotten lots of weapons on my main game and very few outfits/dwellers. On my secondary I've gotten mostly outfits and dwellers and few weapons. Today I got a good weapon that only did 1-6 damage. I was like what a crappy gold (I have 3others that are in the 18-22 range) then I realized it sold for 500 caps.

I have adjusted my strategy for a bit. I have a solid vault build right now and I am going to halt increasing my population. I have built the training rooms and I am going to focus on training for a while. Send a couple of runners out for medium amounts of time while I cycle thru my producers training up their main stats. I have one guy that I will train up all his stats and he will become super runner!

Incidentally is there a value to putting a worker in storage other than to give them something to do? It doesn't seem to increase storage capacity and they don't really do anything.

9. joesr

joesr Member

Im curious about this too.

10. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

I actually ended up finding the answer out to this. Oddly enough there is a good help section in the PIP. If you go to the screen where you can see the different Weapons, Dwellers and Outfits you have found, there is a HELP tab. There are pages for all the different rooms. For storage it says you can build them to increase your storage and use them for "storing" extra dwellers until you have a place for them to work. So the dwellers in there don't do anything except sit there until you need them elsewhere.

1 person likes this.