1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Interview With Hubie Brown

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Almu, Apr 22, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Almu

Almu Contributing Member

If you are interested in what Hubie Brown thinks about the Rocket/Dallas series, you can advance the RealPlayer to the 16:18 mark and listen to it. Its pretty good. Actually, the whole interview is actually excellent. The man breaks it down like nobody else.

Anyways, here is the link:

http://wfan.com/homepage/local_audioclip_111184617.html

2. sjackson0

sjackson0 Contributing Member

Hubie is sick...I mean, I've never had so much respect for anyone like him before. He seems to be always on the money when it comes to analyzing the game. He could literally bash the rockets and I would take what he said and run with it...that's how much I respect his opinion.

3. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Same here.

4. yipengzhao

yipengzhao Contributing Member

i don't have real player. what does he say?

5. SuperS32

SuperS32 Member

He doesn't make a pick or anything, but he just analyzes both teams. He thinks this is one of the best first round series because Van Horn and the Dallas bench is so good and James/WEsley/Barry can shoot lights out, plus both teams play extremely well on the road. Then he said that the key to this and any other series is for the 3rd and 4th scoring options to step up on the road.

As for the coaching matchup, he says Avery Johnson isn't at a disadvantage because he has Del Harris, who has a lot of experience and is on the same page with AJ. But the only key as far as coaching goes is to get your best players as many shots as they need in areas they're comfortable shooting in.

Great analysis.

6. yipengzhao

yipengzhao Contributing Member

Hubie Brown is a big Yao fan. He always praises him on ABC.

I actually think he likes Houston in general.

7. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Contributing Member

Ditto, I love Hubie Brown.

8. MrRolo

MrRolo Contributing Member

I feel the same way about Hubie, he amazed me earlier in the season with his anaylsis. I wish more were like him. He could tell you what's wrong with a team or player without a hint of "bashing".

9. warbirdzone

warbirdzone Contributing Member

10. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

I guess someone sane shares my view on how good (at least on paper) Dallas is. Hubie basically mentioned all the things: deep, deep bench, excellent role players (who are really mostly former stars-turned role players).

He was absolutely right in pointing out that the coaching edge is really overhyped, if not misleading, because Dallas has the deepest coaching bench in the league, if you will.

With Duncan not healthy, Dallas are MY favorite to go all the way.

It is not me being a "pessimist", just making a prediction, and I hope to God I am dead wrong.

BTW, since Shaq too is not 100% healthy, I am predicting that both perennial favorites to meet in the finals (Spurs-Miami) won't get there. It will be likely Pistons v. the winner of Mavs/Rocks.

11. macfan

macfan Contributing Member

Tigermission, I am disappointed you are not sticking with the Rockets. Hubie is a coach, so he will never say something that will insult a member of the coaching fraternity. Make no mistake: JVG has an advantage in this series. The guy went though the battles of New York vs Miami (most physical series ever).
    As far as the bench, in the playoffs you have 7-8 man rotations, so the depth of the bench does not have a big impact, unless there is an unjury to a starter. Starters will play more minutes and the bench will shrink. That's why superstars win in playoffs. If you have two superstars, that goes a long way towards carrying the team.
    The Rockets have the perfect inside-outside game. The Mavericks will struggle when the Rockets trap their pick and roll. Who is going to bang down low for them?
    Let's face it. This playoff series could very well determine the legacy of Tracy McGrady. He knows it and he will be more hungry and focused than he's ever been. The only drive in his life is to win and win at all cost. He'll leave it all on the floor before his series is over. We all know what happens when Tracy imposes his will. He can win two games by himself. With Yao by his side, he will have all the help he needs.

I can confidently say that your prediction will be wrong. You'll have to come back for some crow. Can't wait for the first game to start. The first game is pivotal.

12. swilkins

swilkins Contributing Member

It's a damn shame the Kentucky Colonels didn't make the NBA or he would have had a handful of rings.