1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Interracial Dating

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Lil Pun, Jun 19, 2003.

?

Interracial Dating/Coupling/Marriage

1. I have no problem with it, in fact I have/would date someone from another race.

74 vote(s)
    71.8%
  2. I don't have a problem with anybody else doing it but I wouldn't.

15 vote(s)
    14.6%
  3. I don't mind other people doing it as long as it's not someone in my family or one of my friends.

2 vote(s)
    1.9%
  4. I don't mind interracial dating but I don't think these couples should marry and/or have children.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. I don't like interracial dating, it's just a totally bad idea most of the time.

1 vote(s)
    1.0%
  6. Hell, as far as I'm concerned I think segregation should still be legal.

11 vote(s)
    10.7%
  1. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Well, I am about as interracial as you can get. I am the product of an interracial couple (my mother is white and my father is black/Native American). I consider myself to be black though and it seems that the rest of society does too. I am also in an interracial relationship as well, my girlfriend is white.

Well the point of me starting this thread is to ask you, the Clutch City BBS viewers and readers what you think about interracial coupling, dating, marriage whatever and to give you my views about it.

I am a person who believes one should do what they want, so long as it's not illegal, and live the lifestyle that they choose. If you want to date somebody that is different from you then that is your choice so do it. I have no problem with it, at all!

There are some people that dohave a problem with it, or me and my girlfriend would not get stared at so often in public places but it doesn't bother me. I have heard so many reasons why people are against and they include everything from it just doesn't work to the Bible says it is wrong. Well now I want to know what the BBS thinks so please voice your opion on the subject and vote in the poll. Thank you.

2. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

being that i'm married to a white woman, i'm guessing she wouldn't have much use for me dating someone of another race...or even my own race, for that matter. but i voted that i wouldn't have a problem with it, and would (if i weren't married) gladly date others of different races. i wouldn't seek it out...i wouldn't say, "Hey...i gotta get me a latin lady!" But if I met someone I liked, race wouldn't stop me from asking her out.

why do i get the feeling this thread will ultimately devolve into pictures of very attractive women?

:D

did i say devolve?? or evolve?? oh, forget it.

3. Lil Pun

I didn't mean for it to sound like you have to seek out someone from a different race but if your were able to and you met a woman and everything was just right and she was in a different racial category as you would you date her not you have to or anything like that.

4. rimbaud

rimbaud Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I am in an interracial marriage, so guess where I voted.

5. mrpaige

mrpaige Contributing Member

I guess being from Texas where there is a relatively large Hispanic population (and where I grew up knowing a lot of white people who dated Hispanics), I've never, ever thought twice about dating Latin women and never gave it a second look when I saw a white person with an Hispanic person in a dating situation.

Now, I did grow up in the Panhandle where there aren't that many African-Americans, so I will admit that I do notice it when I see a white person with a black person. It doesn't bother me to see such combinations, but I do notice (and I don't like that I do, but I do).

But I certainly wouldn't have a problem dating an African-American woman. There are certainly a good many I've found attractive and would've liked to have dated.

6. macho GRANDE

macho GRANDE Elvis, was a hero to most but................

Enough already Pun.

7. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

All the black people in the panhandle got locked up on bogus drug charges.:D

You have to be able to laugh at even despicable events like Tulia.

8. Lil Pun

Enough what? :confused:

9. Buck Turgidson

Met a gorgeous black girl at Frenchy's this afternoon. Talked to her in line, ended up sitting & eating lunch together. Got her number. I'll give her a call next week I suppose.

10. Mulder

Mulder Contributing Member

ditto

11. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

How many of us are there? I think marriages should have gotten their own line on this poll.

12. GreenVegan76

GreenVegan76 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

13. Mulder

What's wrong with Pun?... You know what dwil8686? I researched your signature on the web and found this very interesting rant...

A lot of people don't seem to be annoyed by Jimmy and his devil-may-care attitude towards corn cracking, but I'm not one of those people. I don't care if the master's gone away, Jimmy, because your corn cracking is starting to grate on my last nerves. Jimmy, this is my plea to you, stop the damn corn cracking immediately.

Last night, around 3 a.m., I had just started to drift off to sleep. But just as I was nodding off, I was awoken by a loud noise. What do you think it was? That's right, it was that piece of sh*t Jimmy cracking corn like nobody's business. Why the hell do you half to do that late at night, Jimmy? Don't you know people are trying to sleep, you inconsiderate b*stard? The corn cracking startled my dog, who proceeded to urinate on my bed. And let me tell you, it's not to easy to get dog piss out of fine linens. Since Jimmy made the f***in' mess, I think he should get his ass over here and clean it up. Anyway, so there I was, lying in my smelly, piss soaked bed. I could barely fall asleep because of the overwhelming smell. I had to get up early for my new job at Taco Bell, but I got there really late cause I slept in. I had to make a run for the border when my boss started yelling at me like I'd killed his family.

That wasn't the first incidence of Jimmy causing trouble. I was relaxing on my couch a couple of days ago, watching a little of NBC's Passions. I was laughing hysterically at Timmy and Tabatha's wacky antics when, out of nowhere, a loose corn cob came smashing through my window onto my lap. Jimmy, that window sure as hell ain't free, a$$hole! Not to mention the fact that one of the glass shards become embedded in my genitalia, and I had to be immediately rushed to the emergency ward. Believe me when I say that it's hard to explain why you've got a shard of glass in your crotch. The doctors say I may never be able to reproduce. That may not be a problem for you, Jimmy, being as ugly as you are, but it bothers me.

I'm not the only one who finds Jimmy annoying. My neighbour Fred came over a while back, and asked what the f**k was up with Jimmy. I went into a whole rant about how I was going to get back at Jimmy for all the problems he was causing. Fred told me that one time he went up to Jimmy's door, and asked him if he could keep the corn cracking down just a notch or two, because Fred's kids kept getting woken up in the middle of the night. Then you know what Jimmy did? He picked up a cob of corn, brandishing it with a smile across his face, and he cracked it right then and there in Fred's face.

Jimmy thinks it's funny when I complain about him. I yell at him from my window, and tell him that if he doesn't stop cracking corn then I'm going to go over and crack his head open. Jimmy just sits there and laughs his head off, thinking it's the funniest thing in the world, and then he goes into overdrive with his corn cracking. One time, I got a phone call late at night, and I heard loud breathing, but you'll never believe what happened next. A loud cracking noise came out of the phone. I know it was you, Jimmy. Do you think I'm stupid enough to not know who it is? If I get any more of this sh*t from you, I'm going to cut your balls off and jam them down your throat. Are you listening Jimmy? You may think it's really funny, but I mean it this time.

14. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

me too!! However, I do find certain races more physically attractive than others in general. However, there are certain women that cross all racial bounderies when it comes to attractiveness.

15. wouldabeen23

wouldabeen23 Contributing Member

A hot girl is a hot girl...don't really matter to me

16. Mulder

I prefer the Korean Girls... but a hot chick is a hot chick. It's good to be open minded about race, ain't it! :D

[​IMG]

17. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

damn, either four other people have a warped sense of humor like me, or we have some segregationists in our ranks.

Interracial dating and procreation is the only way to achieve hybrid vigor, so how could I oppose that?

18. macho GRANDE

macho GRANDE Elvis, was a hero to most but................

I don't care.

:D Classic

19. TheHorns

TheHorns Member

The thread is not about same sex dating...

20. coma

coma Contributing Member

Damn it Buck, I've been to Frenchy's a lot, and the only hot chicks I've seen are the ones I buy.