1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Interesting

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocketman95, Nov 28, 1999.

1. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Take this for what it's worth (probably nothing):

When Drew was in the game, the Rockets were a positive 15.

When he came in in the first half, we were down 27-15. When he left, down 38-34, a plus 8.

I can't remember the exact numbers in the second half, but it ended up plus 7, for an overall plus 15.

Doesn't mean anything though.

[​IMG]

------------------
    Is it any coincidence that we are the only team mentioned in the national anthem?

I didn't think so!

2. Monsieur

Monsieur Member

All is silent on the western front.....I don't think the Drew haters appreciate this.

3. Mulder

Mulder Contributing Member

Granted I have bashed Drew's GAME but I am NOT a "Drew Hater" and I am not going to defend any "Drew Haters". What very little I saw of the game against Portland Drew was hussling, dribbling well, shooting O.K., and not making any stupid passes, but one game is NOT a trend. Trust me, I will be the FIRST to say Drew is improving when I see it. For those who say Drew was moving better than Francis on Friday, well gee, no sh*t, Sherlock, let's see you move well on a sprained ankle. (Had one, not exactly condusive to movement.) With Hakeem out (?) it will be interesting to see how the guard position will change for next few games. We shall see...
    P.S. Hope everyone had a good Turkey Day.
    See all my boys at RocketDog's on Monday (MoDunks, etc.)

------------------
    The truth is out there... but not in the post.

4. Use that same system for all Drew's appearances, and if it is even close to this one game...then Ill leave him alone.

5. 4chuckie

4chuckie Member

I think the key to the Portland game was he finally gained some confidence shooting the ball. I still don't believe he will ever be a true PG, but a times he can shoot.
    It also seemed to help have Cuttino being so aggresive to the hoop. Opened up a few open shots later on.

6. Scarface

Scarface Supremely FocASSed
    Supporting Member

If he plays like this the rest of the season I will be happy with him playing some minutes.

------------------
    "We need to fockass".....Dream back in the day