1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Interesting tibbit during the Clipper's game

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by coffeelover665, Nov 5, 2013.

1. coffeelover665

I saw this on reddit and this is very interesting insight that I thought you guys might like to read.

"Wanted to post my observations from the game last night but will lead the analysis to the pros on the site. My sister and I sat right behind Rockets bench which was great but we had 5 or 6 hecklers sitting right beside us that were super annoying. They were talking trash and screaming literally the whole game. I want to punch them in the face First, Jeremy looked good during warmups. He was making a lot of his jump shots. Not sure if they showed this on TV but Parsons, Harden and Lin have a new pre game ritual. Harden and Parsons facing each other with Lin facing away from them. Harden brushes Parsons hair, Parsons brushes Harden's beard. They do a couple other things that I missed then at the last second Jeremy turns around and they all bow towards each other.

First half was really hard to watch. Looks like dwight and Harden were super lazy on defense. Dwight constantly looks to throw outlet pass to Harden or Parsons. Jeremy was getting really frustrated. There was a play where Coach Mchale was yelling at Jeremy to run a certain play (Index finger and pinky finger raised). Looks like this is a type of "horns" play where they set double screens for Jeremy at the top of the key (one pick on each side). Jeremy calls the play, Harden gets the ball and goes iso and misses.

Mchale then calls time out and yells at Jeremy. Jeremy yells at Mchale back. I heard Jeremy say something like, "I AM trying to run the play." Mchale then yells at Harden and Harden just walks away from him. Mchale then looks at Jeremy and shrugs his shoulders kind of like, "there's nothing i can do."

Jeremy reall looks like he is not having a good time playing. He was constantly being yelled at by Dwight and Parsons between plays. To be honest, I really don't know why they were yelling at him. There were couple time where Jeremy wasn't even involved in the play. In 4th quarter, Jeremy checks in at 8 minute mark on his own. He looked at Mchale while walking to check in kind of like asking "I'm checking in right now right." Made me think maybe they have set times they check in? At the end of the 4th, AB was set to check in for JEremy during garbage time. Jeremy was playing well. I saw AB walk back to the bench on his own and heard him say to Mchale, "Jeremy's doing his thing. Just let him play."

2. KingSamJack

KingSamJack Member

so we have plays but our superstars want to do whatever they want and this proves Mchale is not a good coach he just yells at Jeremy cause his good players ignore him

3. k-money

k-money Member

intresting read.

4. coffeelover665

quotes from a Clipper fan that was at the game

"HILARIOUS! i know the guys that were heckling dwight and harden. they are season ticket holders and die hard clips fans, and actually got yelled at by both rockets towards the end of the game.
    the assessment about Lin is completely correct. It's crazy how other teams attack him. and it's even worse that the rockets players don't stand up for him. he was bullied by the clips and was OPENLY yelled at by several rockets players for things that weren't even his fault. CP3 would abuse whichever rocket was guarding him, but somehow whenever Lin got scored on he was given crap.
    the part about Harden is completely true too. he openly broke plays and went iso. he turned it into a d measuring contest for some reason, when Omri was making everything. no way the team will contend, they are in line for a self destruct IMO."

1 person likes this.
  5. ThisVoice

ThisVoice Member

Interesting....,

6. arjun

arjun Member

Must be a bit biased...but I'm sure this happens on every team almost.

I've noticed so many players just ignoring the coach straight up..walking away..and not even looking at the clipboard during timeouts

7. coffeelover665

Looks like JL is the whipping boy of both the Rockets and the Rocket's fans. Poor guy.

8. AFS

AFS Member

Sad that people are missing how great he's playing right now. Playing decent defense and putting up great numbers on offense.

9. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

oh gawd.. here we go...

The Old Testament of the Lin Bible is being written before our eyes...

10. NYK Fan

NYK Fan Rookie

What I find interesting is it sounds like the players are running the coach, not the other way around.

11. Breitbard

Breitbard Contributing Member

Why is this thread in the dish?

12. KingSamJack

KingSamJack Member

because this came from a clipper fan so he put this in dish

13. KingSamJack

KingSamJack Member

all the players besides Lin he gets b****ed around by everyone even his bestfriend parsons :(

14. meh

meh Contributing Member

I don't know how much bias if any existed in this report. But if so then there's definitely a problem with regards to Lin. I'm willing to dismiss it because that Clippers game looked like a pile of crap from start to finish, so I kind of gave that game a pass.

I guess we'll find out at the trade deadline. Because if Harden and Howard both don't like Lin, Morey will ship him out.

15. moose

moose Member

I noticed this on the TV. I saw Brooks getting up to check in, then he walked back to bench.

16. MMBB

MMBB Contributing Member

Jlin,be a man, fight back! I can't stand this kind of discrimination!

17. coffeelover665

Yeah I saw that too. AB is a stand up guy. I know he tweaked his ankle, but he's a 3rd string point guard that would love to play at any chance he can get and that tweak ankle wouldn't be a factor if he gets to play yet he chose to let Jeremy play. Maybe it's because he feels bad for Lin, or he's just too nice. But I like his personality.

18. mig0s

mig0s Member

when AB overruns coach's decision... it's not good lol

19. coffeelover665

Yeah I think it's just his personality. He's too easy going and nice when it comes to family and friends. And when there's a lot of pent up frustration, it's easy to target the guy that won't retaliate.

20. Hrock

Hrock Rookie

Damn, even AB feels bad for Lin being whipped around.