1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Interesting stat about TJ

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dakeem1, Nov 15, 2015.

1. dakeem1

dakeem1 Member

I just noticed something...

Games where TJ has played:
    Rockets' record = 0-5

Games where TJ has sat out:
    Rockets' record = 4-1

Maybe this just pure coincidence, maybe not. However, there are many here at CF who have rightfully pointed out TJ's lack of performance in the playoffs, and it looks like even when he has a good game during this season, it does not equate to wins. I believe he is a great guy to have off the bench on a title team, but not a starting PF.

Either way, I think our poor record is a combination of 3 things:
    - not having the right PF in our starting lineup (D-Mo please come back)
    - bad perimeter defense, as displayed by mediocre guards torching us
    - and coaching

When D-Mo comes back, we may just naturally improve and not have the issues, so maybe there is nothing to worry about. Still there is the issue of our perimeter D.

Also, maybe TJ gets traded. He's starting to put up sexy stats, and may help his trade value.

2. xaos

xaos Member

I heard from a reliable source last year that T _ones will get traded if healthy. lulz

3. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

The reason the rockets are losing is extremely simple and OBVIOUS. Its isn't scheme or playing out of position or missing DMO. Its simple lack of effort or interest.

The players especially Harden are playing terrible perimeter defense, giving little if any effort, focus or even interest.

This lack of effort, focus or interest is also prevalent not surprisingly in transition defense (ranked near last in the league) and defensive rebounding (again ranked near last in the league).

Matt moore had an excellent article which clearly illustrated the problem.
    http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on...nd-the-houston-rockets-have-an-effort-problem

4. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

No, us loosing has very little to do with Jones in particular. This team, as a whole has been ****ty.

If you look at the stats, the most effecient players have been

Capela
    Harrell
    Howard
    Jones
    Thornton
    Terry

All of these player should be commended for shooting well during our horrid start.

Jones is also 4th in rebounding, and 2nd in blocks. He's been trash in D, but outside of Howard and maybe Capela(not really) we can without a doubt say that about everybody.

5. kevtse

kevtse Member

Interesting. He has been the only guy who actually played with heart in the past few games.

6. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Interesting stat, but are you willing to believe that TJ's presence in games has a positive correlation with losses? I think it may just be coincidence. He's certainly not harming us at the 4, where we've had very little contribution on offense.

While I agree DMo would be a great help right now, there is no exact timetable for his return. And, when he does get back into the rotation, like ANY player, he's going to need at least 20 games to get his stamina, shooting stroke and agility back. This is where Dwight never gets his credit. The man can be out for a long stretch of games, but he's so dedicated in his rehab that he can return to the court and log a double-double like it's nothing. The way he changes everything on the defensive side of the game may be the most underrated aspect of his game. How many players can change the game like that? I don't know of many...

So, really, getting rid of TJ right now does nothing to help us, unless he's traded for a 4 who can pick-and-pop. :)

We would definitely be more comfortable right now if JSmoov stayed with us like he planned. But, in fairness, his role on the Clippers may be more significant than what we offered.

7. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Insightful thread, would read again and again.

8. malakas

malakas Member

I can't believe anyone who have watched all the Rockets games this season would dare to make a T.Jones scapegoating thread. ENOUGH.
    If you think he's not a starting caliber pf fine. But to blame him for those loses? Reallyyy?

9. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Having DMO out and no Smith means you are absolutely terrible on the defensive end at the 4 position for the entire game. Thats is the biggest problem.

10. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Jones is like the only guy I'm comfortable with on the floor these past two games. He seems to be actually giving a ****.

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Jones deserves all the credit in the world for his offense the last 2 games, he's been one of the only Rockets playing worth a damn. The rest of the games this year, he's been worthless, but in those 2 games, at least on offense, he's been money and deserves praise for it.

The team has a lot of problems right now, but in the last 2 games, Jones hasn't been one of them at least on offense.

12. OpenLayup-Why3?

Jones has 5 more months on his contract. He puts up stats sometimes, but he doesn't impact game much in a good way. No one is giving even 2nd rounder for him at this point.

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

If he keeps doing well on offense then there will be offers. If the rest of the team stops being awful at basketball and Jones is coming off the bench once DMo gets back then he'll look really good.

14. OpenLayup-Why3?

What kind of offer are you anticipating? I know for a fact that we're not getting a decent player in return. We're not getting a pick in return. What else is there to get? Only way Jones gets traded if he's included in a bigger deal as a salary filler. But I don't see us trading Ariza, don't see anyone wanting Brewer. There are 3 way deal scenarios but then again it's hard to imagine a realistic one, we can't participate in salary dump deals because of the hard cap, unless we're dumping salary, somehow. But then it would be Jones for nothing. I just don't see it. Seems like Jones will walk this summer and until then he'll be kept for depth.

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not anticipating a deal being done because I think he'll be kept for depth so long as the Rockets turn things around. If he stays as productive on offense as he has been the last 2 games, there will be offers for him though.....now if he goes back to being worthless like he was to start the year then that changes things.

16. malakas

malakas Member

You know for a fact all those things from the crystal ball of trolls.

17. Dhoward12

Dhoward12 Member

Just realized that Open Layup has me ignore lol

18. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

OpenLayup is open for business as usual.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

19. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Seems like a coincidence more than anything. Jones has been one of the few bright spots these last couple games.

20. omgTHEpotential

His basketball knowledge is laughable. LOF-level drivel.