1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Interesting Paper from Chron

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AggNRox, Apr 7, 2013.

1. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

Briefly looking through the first page, I don't see this paper has been discussed. If it did, please lock it.

I know there has been alot discussions on who is the leader. After reading this paper, I have no doubt lin is the leader of this team. You can debate whatever you want but it won't change my mind. Now, I understand why those role players love to play along side with him whether it happened in New York or is happening here. He is a amazing person. I have nothing but respect for him.

Here is the link of this paper - http://blog.chron.com/ultimaterockets/2013/04/jeremy-lin-builds-team-unity-via-texting/#more-16382

2 people like this.
  2. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Nice read, but I would disagree that Lin is the leader of the team, even if you're not willing to debate it lol. :p

I think he is developing leadership qualities, which is always a good thing.

3. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

Wow, he texted them? At least Harden took the extra effort to actually call. Now that's leadership.:p

4. gate470

gate470 Rookie

I hope this thread doesnt get ugly. To me, the most important thing is that we have a great group of guys that like each other on and off the court (seems like they all hang out a lot). It's only going to strengthen their chemistry.

5. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

hope so. it's a reason i said i don't want to debate.

he is showing battier's characters. i am very happy we have a player who unites this group of young players.

6. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

I feel Lin and Harden both share the leadership role, which is fine with me. I hope these guys are in Rocket Red together for a long time.

Long live Rush Hour!

7. conquistador#11

the leader of the team is general maury! (photoshop coming soon)

8. nono

nono Member

There doesn't have to be one leader. This is a team full of responsible young individuals and no cancers. They all respect and listen to one another. That's the best thing about this team.

9. FacePalmMaster

I wonder what Lin and Royce's text conversations are like.

Lin: Good game 2nite man
    White: Games are just a illusion. The illusions to which my inner self thrives for the sake of being.
    Lin: ok, have a good nite dude.

7 people like this.
  10. yunac010

yunac010 Member

So does Lin text Royce as well? :grin:

I actually like that there isn't really one leader on the team. It's important for all the guys to develop leadership qualities.

11. Arthurprescott2

Debatable. #BeWell :p

12. parksn306

parksn306 Contributing Member

It's not surprising that Lin supports dudes when they go to the D-League. He can relate. There was a thread as to who the leader of the team was a little while back and I though it was kind of over-simplifying things. The Rockets are not the Avengers, there is not one unquestioned leader like Captain America. Everyone contributes in their own way.

Even going back to the Jordan Bulls. Jordan was without a doubt the best player on the team, led by example and cracked the whip. But Pippen (I know, not the most popular player around here) was the more vocal leader. He was the guy that pulled people aside to offer advice and called the action on the defensive end.

There was a sequence in the Blazers game where Harden was yelling at Smith after a TO and then Lin came over and smoothed things over and took Smith aside and said something to him. I am sure both forms of leadership were helpful to Smith in different ways.

13. Onethingy

Onethingy Member

#BeWell

14. poing

poing Member

why does everyone have to read so much into everything?

Lin got cut a billion times and spent a ton of time in the d league before he made it. he feels for other people who are playing in the d league especially his own teammates. we shouldn't draw conclusions that he is a greater leader because of it. the only people who should really care who leads the team are the people on the team, and I bet they know amongst themselves who their leaders are. it's a pointless topic that's been discussed too many times, and we should quit beating dead horses.

I thought the last couple years on the GARM weren't very good, but you know it hit an all time low when a ton of the threads posted are trying to bait a discussion pitting our own rockets against their teammates.

2 people like this.
  15. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

i remember that play. harden and smith mis-communicated. it led a TO and a fast break. lin did play as a peace maker.

16. DBRox

DBRox Contributing Member

I've seen them pull this crap on twitter and actually get the players involved as well... people are really twisted.

17. javajam

javajam Contributing Member

(Someone thinks it's all right to twist around an article Feigen wrote. If he has a personal problem he should go elsewhere to make his point.)

18. CaptainRox

CaptainRox Member

He broke up harden and asik arguing the other night

19. john_l

john_l Contributing Member

#bewell

20. topfive

topfive CF OG

NO! Didn't you read the OP's post? Lin is the leader -- it's a fact. AND DON'T ARGUE!!