1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    GAME 7 ORLANDO vs CLEVELAND. Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Interesting LA Clippers tidbits from 'ESPN The Magazine'

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by countingcrow, Feb 11, 2001.

1. countingcrow

countingcrow Contributing Member

In the latest edition of 'ESPN The Magazine' there is an article about the young players the Clippers put on the floor night in and night out. Here are some things I found interesting:

1. According to some of the Clippers players there are running jokes about Michael Olowokandi and his bad body odor. He refuses to use deodorant according to his teammates.

2. Erik Piatkowski is reluctant to shower with the brothas (African-American teammates). I wonder why?

3. Darius Miles is quoted as saying, "If the Clippers keep Lamar Odom, they'll keep all of us". Odom apparently will be the key to keeping Dooling, Richardson, Miles, and Maggette.

4. Q Richardson, Darius Miles, Keyon Dooling, and Corey Maggette all have vertical leaps above 40 inches. Lamar Odom is the only one out of the group whose vertical does not reach 40 inches.

5. Darius Miles blocked two of Jordan's shots in a pickup game last spring.

6. The Clippers traveled to Utah earlier this season for a game against the Jazz. Miles and DeShawn Stevenson met while both were in the 9th grade and they kept in touch over the phone ever since. The Clippers Fab Five took Stevenson under their respective wings while in Utah and treated him like one of the boys. After it was all said and done Stevenson was quoted as saying, "Those guys have a lot of fun together; it would be great to be with them all the time".

------------------

2. Steve_Francis_rules

DeShawn Stevenson would be a nice addition to the clippers if they could get him. Give that team time to develop and they'll be good some day.

------------------
    The whole world we travel with our thoughts,
    Finding nowhere anyone as precious as one's own self.
    Since each and every person is so precious to themselves
    Let the self-respecting harm no other being. -from the Samyutta Nikaya

3. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

Maybe Piatkowski is an ex-convict, and he simply has bad memories of standing in a shower next to 7 foot black guys named "Lamar" [​IMG]

------------------
    If you don't eat your meat, you can't have any pudding!!

4. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

If they keep the players...

------------------
    Sometimes you gotta do the next best thing!

5. Steve_Francis_rules

I really hope for that team's sake they can keep the talent they have for a change. The franchise has suffered long enough.

------------------

6. Band Geek Mobster

The only reason the franchise has been terrible for this many years is because of their horrible owner. I think his name is Sterling.

It's not like the fans suffer either. We're talking about LA fans, the biggest group of bandwagoners in the history of sports.

I enjoy seeing players jump ship from that team and going off to a better situation, and ANY situation is better then playing for the clippers. Also it gives these young guys perspective and realize that no matter how much money they get paid it still sucks to lose. So whenever they go to a new team they'll be that much more hungry to win.

Of course the main reason I'm all for the clippers losing players left and right is so that the rockets can get ahold of those young stars in the making.

------------------

7. Relativist

Relativist Contributing Member

Fantasy...

1/11/2014

BRYANT DEMANDS TRADE TO CLIPPERS
    Lakers management shrugs off aging star's complaints

LOS ANGELES Lakers guard Kobe Bryant insisted today that a deal be made to send him to the Clippers. The announcement follows yesterday's loss against the defending champion Rockets. The loss marked the Lakers' twentieth straight, a new franchise low.
    Bryant, who said he's tired of being on a lottery team, has long expressed interest in playing for the Clippers franchise. The Clippers advanced to the Western Conference finals for the second consecutive time in last year's playoffs before being eliminated in six games by Houston.
    Lakers management would love to rid itself of Bryant, whose contract pays him an average of $20 million over the next two years, but has been unsuccessful in finding teams interested in the washed-up star.
    "I even offered Shaquille [O'Neal, Clippers General Manager] our 1st rounder with Kobe for Joel Pryzbilla and Jake Vokshul, but he just laughed," said General Manager Michael Jordan.
    Bryant reflected on the Lakers' fall into mediocrity over the past ten years.
    "I remember when me and Shaq won the title back in 2000. The Clips were the team everyone laughed at then. Now we're the ones getting booed at home, while the Clippers contend for the championship," Bryant said.
    "Well, I'm through putting up with this [excrement]. I don't give a [flying] [excrement] about this [flying] team no more. I don't need this kind of [excrement.] I'm Kobe Bryant. I'm the greatest. And I'm going to get out if I have to kick Jordan's {rear]. Where is that [flying] [excrement]head."
    Lakers game attendance is at an all-time low this year.

------------------

8. Steve_Francis_rules

I would love to see that happen. [​IMG]
    Kobe deserves to be on a losing team with the way he's been acting all year.

------------------

9. Puedlfor

Puedlfor Contributing Member

It's a pretty good article, if any of y'all have chance, take a gander at it.

------------------
    The Rockets will be the NBA champions. Believe.