1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Insider] Desired Western Conference Playoff Matchups (OKC, SA would rather avoid us)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by senter, Apr 10, 2013.

1. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Not in 1996-1997 he didn't. BOOM!!!

2. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

This. It's a given we're not advancing to the 2nd round this year, so I'd want to see the match up with the most entertainment value.

3. jocar

jocar Member

So we have around a 10% chance of reaching the 2nd round?

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

7 game series, you adjust but you are right.

Denver is sort of a feel good story right now with a bunch of hard workers every body likes...the sad part is they will crumble. As soon as they do you will have a bunch of hard workers with no real leader or direction and will drop like flies.

While both teams play high octane offense and the game will slow down for both, I think it helps us a bit more. The big factor is defense.

Another point is...over a 7 game series you want the team that is the most injured because wear and tear is really important.

5. DreamRoxCoogFan

the article doesn't really say anything about why the thunder don't want us aside from the fact that James harden is an ex-teammate. Unconvincing and a little lazy writing there

6. OremLK

OremLK Member

Home court advantage is Denver's superstar

7. DBRox

DBRox Contributing Member

With the possibility, I'm trying to keep the faith of not getting swept if we do face Denver in the playoffs but you do make good points.

And I do agree with you that they do need structure and I also think their injuries will hurt them overall even though its giving them a motivation push at the moment.

8. CantBeRight

CantBeRight Member

Am I the only one that wants to see the Nuggets??

9. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

Oh you mean steal a game in Denver, where they are 35-3? Good deal...

10. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

So you are saying we want the Spurs.

11. BigShotBob

BigShotBob Member

Yup. This is the reason I would like to play OKC. I want to be entertained! Plus going against the hardest will make the Rockets a better team! Experience people!

12. Beard

Beard Member

its based on the statistical analysis/simulations that pelton does. His system has the rockets as the worst matchup for them compared to the other options based on various factors like head to head (see the percentages)

13. D12Eminem

D12Eminem Member

Actually you're right, but we were up 3-1 in that series, and it ended up going to game 7. Matt Maloney, and Barkley played out of their minds, and thus we won. Karl owns us. He is a great coach at adjusting his defenses to kill your best weapon in the playoffs.

14. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

I just hope every one tempers their expectations for this young team in their first playoffs. I can already see the hate coming when we lose. Blaming the coach, the GM, Harden, Lin, and everybody else.

If we win 2 games that will be great. They gotta learn how to win in the playoffs AND we need more talent on the team. So please, don't get crazy.

15. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

We have a better shot against Memphis or San Antonio due to possibly being able to outscore them if their front courts don't bring it consistently. But really, short of a miracle, we aren't getting out of the first round.

If we do, sky is the limit however.

16. clos4life

clos4life Member

Yeap. I agree, anyone but the Nuggets. Anyone.

17. izeroi

izeroi Member

Spurs all day over okc and nuggs.

18. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

You don't want to see ME!!

19. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

As of now, we want the Spurs, they are walking wounded and probaly sleepwalking the season. In the playoffs, Nuggets seem to fail, so I want them next after Spurs. I don't want the Thunder because they are detroying teams when they win and they've had disappointment before so they will be battle hardened. We are making our road, they have to face us, not we have to face them.