1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Inside the NBA crew reacts to James Harden 61 points

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shaq2Yao, Jan 24, 2019.

1. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

2. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

I don't think Curry has the stamina or durability to do what Harden has done this season.

Deuce, Realjad, bj3175 and 11 others like this.
  3. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

Harden's durability might be the most underrated part of his game. He just rarely gets hurt or hurt enough to actually miss games.

Deuce, bj3175, c1utchfan925 and 12 others like this.
  4. thedreamsteam

thedreamsteam Member

No one else can do what Hardens doing.

bj3175, c1utchfan925, saleem and 3 others like this.
  5. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

Thanks for providing the link btw

6. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

The idea that Curry could do it is laughable. He hits his threes almost exclusively off catch and shoot. You have to be able to generate your offense YOURSELF to do this consistently. And we know nobody else can do it. Why? Because if anybody else could it would be LeBron. And here's the thing - LeBron has played on squads as depleted as our current Rockets. Did he do this then? No. He didn't. Don't you think he'd love a run like this to be a part of his legacy? Of course he would. But it's not and never will be because he can't do it. Literally nobody alive with the possible exception of MJ or Kobe, could do this. And yet - they didn't do it either.

Hell, I'm going to say it; Not even MCW could do this.

Scarface, AXG, Vivi and 14 others like this.
  7. Loneyroy7

Loneyroy7 Member

FINALLY Kenny Smith.

bj3175, samtaylor and Beardaholic13 like this.
  8. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

If curry try to initiate contact with other players and shoot the 3 without his teammates screens he would be out for the season by now

Vivi, DeadGato, Bearded13 and 6 others like this.
  9. sholaemmanuel

sholaemmanuel Member

I'm glad, the TNT crew admitted that what James-the-Barber-Harden is doing can only be duplicated in the NBA by very few if at all. But I will take these comments/admissions with a grain of salt because beneath each of them, there are bottled up disparaging comments that are waiting to be spewed out. But for now, I'll accept their comments at face value.

adw, BigShasta, Invisible Fan and 4 others like this.
  10. topfive

topfive CF OG

Plus he has to rely on others to create open looks for him. Granted, he only needs a sliver, but that means that many players have to be doing things right for Curry to have a spectacular night.

James, on the other hand, pretty much just needs a ball, a hoop, and an opponent.

adw, clutchdabear and BigM like this.
  11. topfive

topfive CF OG

When Lonzo rolled his ankle, I couldn't help but think, "Yeah, Harden might need a timeout to walk that one off."

12. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

Yea I agree
    He would get hurt if he had to do as much as Harden. His ankles wouldn’t support so much stress. Also either he wouldn’t be able to get as many freethrows or his body wouldn’t be able to take as much as Harden.

Harden is built like a football player, curry is more about quick and releasing his shot.
    Maybe 5 30pts in a row but not having to carry this team. Because no one seems to be able to hit open shots on our team

I also doubt Durant could handle it because if he had to pass as much as Harden without any help he would give up or stop passing. And he can’t take all that punishment like Harden.

saleem likes this.
  13. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

In terms of best offensive season, the only players in the conversation should be Wilt, Jordan, Kobe, and Harden.

Harden's this season he is scoring most efficiently, in terms points per 100 possessions and TS%, in fewest FGA, in fewest minutes, and much more assists!

Statistically, Harden is having the best offensive season of all time!

Durant, Curry, and LeBron are not in the conversation.

Best PPG seasons:
    [​IMG]
    http://bkref.com/tiny/RKwqD

Best points per 100 possessions seasons:
    [​IMG]

AXG, foggy94, adw and 1 other person like this.
  14. icewill36

icewill36 Member

Curry can create his own shots off the dribble pretty easily....but could he do it over an extended period of time without the likes of KD and Klay around him ? no matter how much you want to make steph the focal point of your defense, you just cant ignore those guys the way teams ignore hardens supporting cast at times. he is not as athletic or strong as harden, so i personally think he would wear down a lot quicker.

saleem likes this.
  15. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

maybe when he was a rookie.

Williamson likes this.
  16. Juxtaposed Jolt

Durant is the only player in the league who I can see doing what Harden is doing. But
    Agreed. I don't think Curry can. Even when Harden has off-nights from beyond the 3, he can still get to the rim and get FTs. Curry might be able to do this at the start, but I think the game will wear on him more than it would someone like a Harden or a LeBron.

17. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Nobody in the league can do what Harden is doing. Not a single one. If they could, it would be done. Nobody has his combination of skills. It’s ridiculous to even make a statement like that. It’s a slap in the face to the season this man is having.

DeadGato, adw, BigShasta and 3 others like this.
  18. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Who else wants to tar and feather Kenny Smith Rocket Red?

19. hakeemthagreat

The bigger question could Curry single handedly carry GS if all the other superstars got injured, AND put up historical numbers. The answer is F**K NO!!! James Harden is the best player in the NBA

Vivi, TexAg713, dragonwill and 4 others like this.
  20. jevjnd

jevjnd Contributing Member

I don’t, I don’t care enough about him or his opinions. If you adopt the same attitude, you might just start seeing less of these ‘hot takes.’ Cheers, my friend.

cmlmel77 likes this.