1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Inside The NBA: Candace Parker destroys other talking heads on why James Harden should win MVP

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shaq2Yao, Feb 27, 2019.

1. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

2. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

I loathe her on players only, and have always found her analysis to be shallow and lacking. It feels like she just reads talking points over and over and over again. While I respect her as an athlete, as an analyst she is poor. Now that she is supporting an ideology that I support, I should be changing my tune about her... but I won't. Glad she sees Harden as the MVP, but I still am not fond of her analysis.

3. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

dumbass baron davis. None of that made sense

4. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

Shaq is such an ignorant azzhole.

How can he forget Westbrook won MVP and robbed Harden when his team was 6th seed 47-35 record and Rockets were 3rd at 55-27 LITERALLY 2 SEASONS AGO?

Ignorant. I hate ignorant people like Shaq.

5. s3ts

s3ts Member

I am against Giannis:
    • Plays in the Eastern Conference, having the best record there isn't the best record in the NBA
    • Has help, like all-stars and what not, some who didn't even make the all-star team who were deserving

Paul George, to me, is more deserving. He is clearly the reason why OKC is seeded high for the upcoming playoffs, is great on both ends of the floor. The only downside is that he plays with another guy who has won an MVP before, as well as a perennial all-star in RW.

The only knock against Harden is that the team is only 5th seed. Otherwise, he should clearly be the front-runner.

Like Morey has said, it is ridiculous that Harden has to apologize for doing what he did, having all these ex-stars talking **** about him. Why people can't just respect Harden for his greatness, is beyond any form of reason.

6. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Two most common excuses:
    "It's set up for Harden to do that at Houston." That sounds like the very definition of most valuable player, or at least "Most Needed Player." Not to mention: no one else except maybe LeBron and KD could get 161 points unassisted. Harden is the best individual player.

"The guy on the winningest team has to get it." People who say that ought to be eyeing Golden State and Denver and thinking about the Bucks being in the freaking Eastern Conference. If the Bucks don't get the best record in the end, does the MVP suddenly switch to a player on the top team? People who have this standard need to stay on their toes to the very end, to find out what their own opinion is.

Few people have any consistent standard for MVP; it's really just their feeling dressed up with the right reason for that year. James Harden is the awesomest b'ball player alive and it's SO F'ING GREAT that we have been here to watch his whole story unfold. Any Rockets "fan" who is unhappy this season is just an unfortunate person.

7. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

You ain't lying! Shaq is one of the cockiest ignorant athletes I've ever seen. So damn biased lol.

Patience likes this.
  8. Chamillionaire

Anybody else think she's fine? I know she's 6'4, but damn...

9. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Not only that but Shaq was one of the main people pushing for Westbrook to win MVP lol.

BaselineFade likes this.
  10. BigTex

BigTex Member

Yup. "PG is doing what Harden did last year". These guys are just saying anything

Harden last year: Won 65 games. Best team. Best stats.

PG this year: on pace for 52 wins. Good team, Good stats.

11. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Davis and Shaq has never been on Harden's side when it came to MVP voting, year after year.

They both thought Westbrook should win over Harden and where was their argument defending Harden back then? lmao

Both are huge hypocrites.

12. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Not a ****ing clue, I rewinded the clip multiple times and still couldn't make sense of what he was talking about when he compared Harden's last year and PG this year.

People have to understand that most of those former athletes are jealous of what Harden is doing and everytime they mention his incredible run they try to minimize it with the system bullshit.

Shaq is on the other hand is straight up ignorant ******* who can barely put a sentence together and validate a simple argument. couple years ago Russ won the MVP and they were the 6th lol.

13. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

Candace nailed it. Baron even he admitted that he couldn’t argue against the points she brought up.

Harden lost Clint, CP, and EG for stretches and the team started winning? The way he carried his team when it was needed was one of the most remarkable thing I’ve witnessed in the nba in decades.

AD lost Mirotic and Peyton and N.O. fell apart.

If PG lost Westbrook,Adams, and Schroeder OKC would be done.

If Giannis lost Middleton, Bledsoe, and Lopez they would have free falled.

LeBron is the only other nba player who has proven that he can carry his team regardless of injuries. And even LeBron pouts when he doesn’t have his “shooters” available to him.

I’m disappointed in the these ex players because they know better than this. They have become severely blinded by hate for his playing style, coupled with jealousy.

I'm glad Candace spoke the truth, but these phony arguments against James have gotten old and tiring.

14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

He basically said Giannas should get it the MVP because he DOESN'T have to do as much as James
    WTF?

Rocket River

Mr. Dominant, beard4life and s3ts like this.
  15. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

The question I have with Giannis and the Bucks is......has Giannis elevated his game this year compared to last year and as a result elevated the Bucks to the next level?

OR.....

Has the coaching change of bringing in Bud and his new tactics resulted in markedly improved play?

Much like how Kerr (who I hate) changed the Warriors system from Mark Jackson.

Giannis is playing great, make no mistake. But I wonder if what we are seeing is just Bud being the "Coach of the Year" in adjusting that team.

With Harden this season, it is clear he has raised his game. And did to incredible levels to overcome some extreme adversity.

Just wanted to throw that out there.

16. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

LOL. He didn't even realize KD was a proposed candidate.

Shaq stressed winning, then ranks Harden ahead of George.

The East is improved, but still isn't near West Level. I hope GS overtakes the Bucks so "Best Record" argument falls to the wayside..

17. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

When they brought up Durant. . . Shaq lost his voice and just mumbles
    "Durant's team has a better record. . . . ." -
    "Oh . . he was up there. . uhm . .. . well .. " - Shaq

Dumbass

Bingo

Rocket River

fallenphoenix, s3ts and BaselineFade like this.
  18. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

He didn't ignore WB he said most of the times the narrative has had winning as a top criteria.
    His conclusion isn't egregious...he had Giannis first and Harden right behind him...

As a Rockets fan I'd like for Harden to repeat but I wouldn't have a problem with Giannis winning it.
    Dude is a beast and his impact speaks for itself..

19. Sajan

Sajan Member

The amount of ignorance in this video is baffling. Every year the MVP narrative changes.

Curry got it because his team was #1.
    Westbrook got it because he averaged a triple double (but then didn't get the next year when he did the same thing).

Now people are arguing against Harden who is single handedly carrying an injured Rockets team to playoff contention in a tough western conference.

Meanwhile what happened to the best player in the world...his team is not even in the playoff race..what happened to the Lebron should win it every year argument?

chadyang and s3ts like this.
  20. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

but but but tRiPlE dOuBlE!!!!

s3ts likes this.