1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Info on Cato

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Jeff, Jun 21, 2000.

1. MoonBus

MoonBus Contributing Member

This is the same guy who writes children's books???!!!

2. Dreamshake

Dreamshake Contributing Member

Continuing with the Tangent...

Ok, managing 3 different retail stores, let me say this. There is nothing worst then "store Trash" Somewhere they seem to believe it is their givin right to degrade, demean, or disrespect sales associates. Hey, you know what Mr. Cato, if you dont want the questions my advice to you is dont buy the stuff. Period. I WISH I was that manager. Id of loved to let Mr. Cato know that given his performance for the first 4 years of his career, his autograph isnt worth the ink in my pen. Seriously. If that was the way it went down and all.

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

It is all about respect. Just becaues you are tall or rich, does not make you better then someone else.

We all gotta die sometime, and you can't take ANYTHING with you !!!!

Cato's constant WHINING on the court, and glaring at Referees shows more about his inner self then we care to see.

IMHO, Cato is a jerk, and is a sorry human being. He is Rasheed Wallace without the offensive game.

DaDakota

------------------

4. playahata

playahata Member

Perhaps his foaming is a symptom of something else. Hopefully he'll be a rabid dog on the court this upcoming year.

------------------

5. DaDakota

Rocketman,

I do not know Cato personally, but I have seen him at restaraunts, and he was just as much an ass there too.

Actions define people, not words.

I don't care if you write children's books...good for him, I CARE HOW YOU TREAT PEOPLE !!!

Just look at his on court demeanor, he broods, he whines, he b****es, it is all contradictory to a well adjusted person.

Can he change, and become productive? You bet !! However, right now I only like the guy when he is playing basketball, to me he is a FUNDAMENTAL JERK.

This is just an opinion, nothing else. If you don't agree with me...fine.

DaDakota

DaDakota

------------------

6. alaskansnowman

DATS my boy Cato!! Who cares what he said to some clerk at Circuit City? I mean foreal, you people are makin 2 big of a deal of this. There's prolly been many times when you all have been mad at someone too, maybe even shouted at them like my boy Cato did.

I hope Cato gets pissed like he did with that clerk during the game(and frankly throughoutthe entire season), that way he'll swat everybody. WE dont need a nice guy; we need that crazy, foaming, pissed off, mean to clerks in Circuit City Cato.

good job kelvin.

------------------
    treasurer of the moochie norris fan club

7. Rocketsauce

Rocketsauce Contributing Member

I have had to shop at Circuit City and Best Buy on occasion. The level of service sucks and the lack of any product related knowledge is disgusting. I like to be nice to people who work retail but I do have a short fuse. It is very painful having to spend money on a product when the person selling the product doesn't know sh*t. Then to have it confirmed by a damn trainee button is enough to put any normal person over the edge. I'm going to cut Cato some slack on this alleged offense. I'll save my disgust for when he has more fouls than points in the regular season. Besides, we all have moments we are not proud of and it would really suck to have those moments plastered on th net for people to judge us by.

------------------
    "Stranger things have happened, but none stranger than this" - Commentator after a parachutist landed in the ring of a Holyfield fight

8. DaDakota

Rocketsauce,

That is the price you pay for fame and fortune my brother.

RESPECT EVERYONE, but play like a monster.

Hakeem did it, why can't Kelvin?

DaDakota

------------------

9. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Bill Walton once called Larry Johnson a pathetic individual. It was a great quote. Just fabulous, classic Walton. Dunno how this relates to topic, just felt like saying it.

Maybe Cato was having a bad day, after being schooled by someone much shorter than him? (CD?)

------------------
    The more lefties on your team, the better.

10. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

lol NIKE,

mebbe Cato is just frustrated cuz he can't master the use of his left hand.

------------------
    No signature for you!

11. verse

verse Contributing Member

"K-9 Cato"... hmmm.... LOL...

"Circuit City Cato" ... ROFLMAO!!! ...

let's just hope he blows a few fuses on the court as well!

like it or not, he is one of - if not the most - athletically gifted centers in the nba.

------------------
    miles ahead of the rest

12. Francis3

Francis3 Member

Im really happy to hear this. I wish he can become more agressive, and just go after every loose ball. COME ON CATO, SHOW YOUR STUFF!

------------------
    President of the Moochie Norris FAN CLUB

13. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

A sorry human being who writes children's books, and who knows what else.

I don't like Cato's attitude on the court either. But to call him a sorry human being for it is just plain wrong.

You don't even know the guy.

------------------
    "Go to hell Costas"-Dave Nelson after sweeping the ABSCAs on NewsRadio

visit www.swirve.com

14. dice7_11

dice7_11 Member

everyone seemed to have jumped the gun already and beleived the guy who claimed cato was rude to someone in circuit city. not everything people write in message boards are the truth, i'll beleive it when i see it. even if it did happen who cares as long as he doesnt get in trouble with the law or do anything that effects the rest of the team. athletes are allowed to be cocky and arogant just like anyone else. i'll be as happy as hell if cato brought that pissed off attitude with him on the basketball court.

15. Francis3

Francis3 Member

I wish he can start Slobbering again. That was when he was the man. All he has to start doing is believing in himself. He goes out playing with no heart, he has to go out fighting for his life. If he gives all he has, he can become a very good player in the nba.

------------------
    President of the Moochie Norris FAN CLUB