1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Indiana looses with bad officiating

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by barbourdg, Jun 20, 2000.

1. barbourdg

barbourdg Contributing Member

Did you see all the questionable calls on Indiana. Especially at the end of the game. Davis was called for a loose ball foul on an obivious great rebound. Even the NBC staff saw nothing close to a foul, and stated that call probably cost them the game. Indiana would of had the ball with plenty of time and only down by one point. Nothing against the Lakers, but the officals sucked tonight.

Well I hope this makes it easier for the rockets to get austin c.

------------------

2. Miggidy Markell

Hey the Lakers are never true champions in this period of time until they win it next year which I hope the Rockets can spoil! [​IMG]

------------------
    I'm tha hip hop attracta, rapper slash acta, right back at cha!

[This message has been edited by Miggidy Markell (edited June 19, 2000).]

3. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

The Pacers may have loosed the game with bad officiating, but they still lost.

I sea the see.

There over their.

Pacers shouldnt need help from officiating. They should have just played better.

BTW wrong forum again.

------------------
    No signature for you!

4. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

Niece post Cisco
    Good to seeya again, been really quiet round here lately and i have come to the conclusion that you, DoD, Bob and HeyP are all the same people, as they are all MIA

Smeg of Conspiracy

------------------
    CUT Tino
    Isn't it amazing how quickly everyone did a Cat Backflip!!!!!

5. Rocket Fan

Rocket Fan Member

Everyone says the rockets didn't really win the championship because mj was gone....

well THE LAKERS ONLY WON CAUSE MJ WAS RETIRED...YOU DON'T HEAR THAT BECAUSE IT'S TEH LAKERS

------------------
    Shane
    "Save Our Rockets"
    "Life without basketball in Houston........without an arena that is what it will be"

6. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

no smeg, it is all coincidence.

coincidence is the whole to conspiracy.

I ate the hole damn pizza.

------------------
    No signature for you!

7. Gideon

Gideon Member

I don't mind if the Lakers are the one's to win (although I'd rather have Indiana take it to 7 games), but if they're going to win, they sure don't need the help of the officials to get it done. The last 4 Laker points were just second chance efforts that the officials handed them. Terribly bad calls in my opinion. Officials should have much less of an impact in the last few seconds of a finals game.

------------------
    He who stands for nothing will fall for anything.

8. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

Not to mention the offensive goaltending that Shaq was not getting called for. I can think of three shots he took directly above the cylinder and rammed home. Oh well...

------------------
    HOOP-T

Hey Shaq, Acme called, and they want their bricks back!

9. davo

davo Contributing Member

Firstly, there is no doubt that:-
    a) the refs gave LA (especially Shaq and Kobe) a sweetheart deal on the calls
    b) LA would have won anyway

Having said that, HOOP-T, you are right on. There were several offensive goaltendings by Shaq throughout the series.

Also other comments,

Jalen Rose was fouled on 3 consecutive plays in the last 3 minutes with no calls

If Steve Francis gets called for palming one more time, i will go nuts. Kobe Bryant ABSOLUTELY DEFINES PALMING. IF you ask me he carries the ball everytime he floats & drives across the key.

Finally, do you all remember when Phil Jackson was quoted as saying that the Spurs championship should have an asterisk next to it because of the lockout shortened season? I heard a media commentator (I think it was Michael Murphy) say that if any championship should have an asterisk next to it, it should be this one, because last year Duncan and Co. Embarrased the Lakers, and this year didn't get the chance due to Duncan being injured. I like it.

------------------
    http://rocketdavo.tripod.com

10. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

The thing to me that started the horrendous officiating and turned the game around was the no-call when Rose was hammered with about 9 minutes left. If you will remember, the Lakers would keep getting within 1, and then fall back. They did that several times. Well, they got within one, and the Pacers again tried to answer and put it back to 3. Rose ran into the lane, was absolutely hammered by Shaq, and no foul. Then the Lakers got the fast break, went ahead, got momentum, and let the officials take them home. What turned the game momentum wise in my opinion was that first time the Lakers grabbed the lead. Rose was hammered and knocked to the floor. No call, and the Lakers (and the officials) never let the Pacers lead again.

Also, is it just me, or does it seem like Ron Harper takes about 5 steps on every shot he takes? I could almost swear he got an open court layup and didn't even dribble inside the 3 point arc!

------------------
    Cheaters never win. Unless you play for LA that is.

[This message has been edited by The Cat (edited June 20, 2000).]

11. BigDog

BigDog Member

No doubt about this one. The refs fumbled bigtime. 3 bad calls in 2 minutes meant death to the Pacers and a tainted victory for the Fakers. Those refs should be ashamed of themselves.

------------------

12. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

What does any of this have to do with the Rockets?

------------------
    We need some meat in the post and I don't mean Brian Grant!

13. Mango

Mango Contributing Member

RP,

Bullseye.

Mango

------------------
    Live long and prosper.
    Donate blood!

Now...back to updating
    The Serious Police Files.