1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

In your opinion, who deserves the starting PF spot opening night?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by acshen, Oct 1, 2007.

?

Who should start against the Lakers?

1. Luis Scola

219 vote(s)
    74.0%
  2. Chuck Hayes

77 vote(s)
    26.0%
  1. acshen

acshen Contributing Member

An unproven Euro (advantageous for chemistry reasons), or an undersized hustler (sure thing)?

2. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

The pre-season is over already?

3. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

If you were to rephrase the question to ask who WILL the starter be, I would say Scola.

4. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

The coaches, who know these players far better than us, aren't going to make that decision until after training camp and (probably) preseason.

So who are we to say who should be starting at this point?

5. Rox_fan_here

Rox_fan_here Contributing Member

Depends on preseason. I think Scola will start (eventually or right away) but right now Hayes is the incumbent. He has to be outplayed before he loses his spot. Scola proved something on in the FIBA World Games and is a internationally celebrated global player HOWEVER, he has a blank slate as far as a starting Rockets Power Forward.

Lets not forget this is all about chemistry. Right now Hayes played extremely well with Yao and T-Mac. Although Im sure Scola has the tools to take the spot I cannot say that right now he deserves it over Hayes because we have not seen what he has done while playing next to those 2.

6. hooroo

hooroo Member

JHo was the incumbent. PF is currently vacant. Pre-season will determine whether Luis or Chuck starts.

7. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

They should have 1-1 contest to see who gets the spot. I think scola would probably skunk hayes.

8. mag

mag Contributing Member

Chuck Hayes was the starter because we did not have anybody else, not because he deserved to be a started. He is a backup at best.
    Let's hope Luis fills the starter role.

9. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Hayes will give Scola a serious headache defensively down on the blocks. Scola will have to stand outside and shoot the J (which he can do).

10. abc2007

abc2007 Member

Scola.

Actually, I think if Scola was not able to make the starting PF, then there wouldn't be significant difference for Rockets this season from the last season.

I believe Scola will be able to make it!

11. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

yeah, Coca-Scola will start. :cool:

12. IMissJVG

IMissJVG Rookie

It's Scola and it's not even close.

Last time I checked, JVG is not the coach anymore. It's Adelman, and he wants more offense. Hayes can't do jack offensively, while Scola can score in multiple ways.

Not to mention that Scola is a great passer and can be used in the high post.

13. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Fight it out in the pre-season.

14. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

I think everyone is going into it thinking that it will be Scola, including Chuckie.

So its going to be up to what Adelman sees in the pre-season as far as on court combos for what the rotation will be.

15. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

yeah this is something to vote on after preseason.. or shoot, how about after a few practices are over and we hear a little bit about progress?

16. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

If dwight howard couldn't stop him I doubt chuck hayes could without just hacking.

17. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Scola, no doubt.

18. Dei

Dei Member

Chuck fits well with Yao. Scola as the PF bench would give the Rox the scoring they need when Yao sits.

19. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

As much as I like Chuck and what he brings to the table,Scola has him severely outclassed and outskilled.Of course some courttime is needed before this becomes official.Besides Hayes is an ideal rotation player off the bench.

20. Barkley

Barkley Member

I like Hayes and what he was doin' last season but for me there are no doubts that Scola will start